Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Host Joe: Wonderful Eclipse!

Host Joe
Member Since 2002
1,826 Posts

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Southern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Eclipse!

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We returned home a few days ago from another wonderful Celebrity cruise. This time we were aboard Eclipse for the very first time. We have been aboard most every other of the Celebrity ships and were excited to see Eclipse and we were not disappointed.

First of all I want to say that we finally tried a beverage package... the Premium Beverage Package. We have been very apprehensive about trying them because we were not sure that we were good candidates. Traditionally we would have 2-3 drinks before dinner each night and an occasional wine with dinner. What we found with the premium package was that we enjoyed several bottles of water throughout the day, were able to have a Cafe Americano instead of the usual brew that we do not care for, and we enjoyed a nice glass of wine each night with dinner. All in all it worked out wonderfully for us and we believe it was a very good convenience and value for us.

Next... the ship! Eclipse is gorgeous, just as all of her sisters More are. The staff were all wonderful and did an excellent job. I would have to rate this one of my favorite ships and favorite cruises.

Dining in the main dining room- Our waiter.. while quiet, did a good job considering the demands put upon him by our large table paired with a couple of other tables. The assistant waiter stood way out and was amazingly congenial and efficient. Our dinners were excellent nearly every night and the atmosphere in the dining was perfect and fun for us. We truly enjoy the effort that goes into serving so many thousands of people... and they still find time to sing "Happy Birthday" and "Happy Anniversary" to people... I love hearing those little celebrations going on!

Oceanview- We enjoyed breakfast each morning at our usual spot off the back of the Oceanview and were always pleased with the service and area. The only point I will make is that I hope they remove the awkward sofas back there like they did on Reflection and replace with usable tables.. it seems to be a hit on Reflection! At lunch in the Oceanview they are now offering individual salads each day, usually 4 different selections in nice glass dishes. Each of them were fresh and fun... and it really was a welcome addition to our lunch time routine! The only thing I would mention about them is that I think they should be more careful with the amount of onions they put in all of them.. of course that is a personal opinion :D. We went to Tuscan and Murano twice. Both were excellent as always and we appreciate the wonderful service, food and atmosphere that you experience with both of these.

Lounges & Bars- At first we went to the martini bar, but we ended up meeting several others and the music was a bit too much for our conversations so we looked at it as a challenge and looked for a quieter area to suit our needs. We moved to Michaels Club, where we had a wonderful waiter set up a big seating area for us to sit and enjoy cocktails and conversation each evening. This worked out wonderfully.

This about sums up our cruise... one of the best ever! I am grateful to be able to cruise as much as we do, and experience the things cruising has to offer... and I am especially grateful to still appreciate all of that after 55 cruises :). If anyone has any questions about Eclipse, feel free to ask! Happy cruising! Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Deluxe Ocean View W/Veranda Continental Deck (6) 7111