Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by NORT1: Virgin Cruises.....What an experience!

NORT1
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Virgin Cruises.....What an experience!

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Well....I have to say....We went on board with mixed feelings as the reviews were so mixed about this ship.
Embarkment in Sydney....fantastic. Waited about 15 - 20 mins. Less waiting time than at most airports. Staff were helpful and friendly....OK so that eliminates half the comments on other reviews....Im now smiling a little. A little drink when we arrive on board.....a little more smiling and then photos...great that they take these and guess what....you dont have to purchase if you dont want to. Off to the room......FANTASTIC! unpacked everything and still had room for more which my wife filled by the time we left I must add!
Must try the bar at the back of the ship....what can I say, the whole trip, Christopher, Maya and Amar were fantastic...even to the point they were playing around with each other to take our orders. A few people tapping the bar as they wait to be served......WHATS THE HURRY.....YOU AINT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!! I say enjoy.
The Grand was just More that....Food was great......no....superb.....not large but enough to satisfy this Kiwi. If you needed more head upstairs for a feast at the Oceanview where it goes all night. Great food also where you choose your own and sit where you like. Only comment I would make about this area......the cruisers.......The staff are trying to do a job and a couple of the Nationalities on board need to take a chill pill......wait like the rest of us and use some manners....they can only serve with the two hands they are blessed with.....we kiwis wait a little longer but we get what we want. Treat the staff how you would want to be treated and I am sure the moaners on board would have a better time.
Everything about this cruise was fantastic, from the staff who make up the room every day to the kitchen staff to the bar staff. I take my hat off to everyone who works on this ship for taking the crap from unappreciative cruisers that have no manners or respect for workers or in fact other cruisers!
To the staff of the Solstice.....you could not have done a better job and I want to say thank you for making our cruise such a pleasure. To the Solstice dance crew.......Best shows I have ever seen and a memory I will take with me. You have made it hard to cruise with any other line....WE WILL BE BACK!As the captain said after each report........OUT Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Continental Deck (6) 7126

This is where we sleep and maybe have a rest. The room was big enough for us to move around freely. Storage is ample for two large suitcases and two small on board bags. Bathroom is a good size to do what you need to do. Only small comment would be anyone running around above you do hear a little but we are all there to have some fun!