Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by kicpac

Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: kicpac
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: S2
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Celebrity Silhoutte
Wonderful cruise. No champagne or white gloves when we boarded but free champagne at sail away. A lot of talk about that. Some members liked it some didn't. I liked it at sailaway.

Cabin was incredible. Had a aft facing Sky Suite. The best other than the Celebrity Suite last time and that was dark, this was roomy, bright, and faced the back and the side of the ship. Even had a big round side window. Did a lot of walking to get to places, but I could use it! Butler was wonderful, he provided us with a total of 4 champagne bottles and would have given us more.... Did the Cellar Masters wine card ( you buy a card with a set amount and get a 2, 4 or 6 oz pour on a variety of wines in the room) We did this before every dinner and took a glass into the dining room with us. Nice way to make a wine choice. More ships should do this.

Parties: the Cruise Critic event ( I'm a member) and got free wine there, the Anniversary party, cake and wine there, the Select member party, food and wine there and the General for everyone's Captains Club party and lots of food and wine there. Also got invited to the Heliport as we came into PR and got Champagne there. Did Martini Bar one nite. Slots were OK- didn't win anything big but had fun. Internet was Apple computers so had a learning curve and we had some problems some log ins, but worked it all out. Spa, as always was incredible and relaxing. Deck 14 (Sky Lounge) was where we spent the most time other than the spa. No one finds that area and we had beautiful couches all to ourselves. Lunches we mostly ate in the Spa Cafe.

THE FOOD...

2 nites we ate in General dining room. Food and service good. One nite for Sushi at the cafe, and the rest was Specialty, Including Blu. What can I say. Lawn Club Grill, fun and tasty, great start to the cruise, Qsine was the best food I think I've ever had on a cruise ship. I'd eat there every nite. Sushi pop melted in our mouths. Murano's was as always wonderful. Heard about a package called Ultimate dining package and talked to a Cruise person and they are supposed to have it on Equinox, but don't see it advertised. Difficult at times to get any kind of straight answer from Celeb, Captains club person's. I got vague or don't know, let me make a call. Disappointing. I was hoping to do a package on the Equinox in November but don't think so.

We did the walk off ( you take your own luggage) so got off the ship early at 7:45 but with immigration only having 2-4 people there, I have a feeling some of the other folks were still getting off at 1 pm. Had a friend who took a cruise the week before say they walked off at 1 pm. Not Celebrity's fault.

So there you have it. Now have to work on Shore excursions etc on cruise critic for the next one. Think I will organize a slot pull.

Publication Date: 04/11/13