MSC Poesia Cruise Review by blackgraciecat: Disappointment on the Moody Blues Cruise

blackgraciecat
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Western Caribbean Cruises

Disappointment on the Moody Blues Cruise

Sail Date: March 2013

Sailing with the Moody Blues should have been the experience of a lifetime for this 'Superfan', and it certainly had its high points, but there were a lot of disappointments. Not all of the problems involved the cruise line, and that will be taken up with the promoters, but.....

We four were promised a VIP cabin with two queen beds. You can imagine when four women walked into the tiniest cabin I have ever seen, consisting of one king size bed, one hide a bed, and one slab coming down from the wall, which you had to climb up to on stairs that were so uncomfortable that you needed slippers. We were aghast and immediately went to the help desk, where we were told 'sorry this is a full cruise, and we can't help you out'. All of the beds were extremely uncomfortable, and you could feel the rubber balls in all of the pillows. As well, we couldn't take advantage of our balcony when we returned in the evening, as the roll out bed was up against the door. We couldn't even open More the drapes. Our cabin boy was pretty much nonexistent. It took a lot of planning on who would step where at any given time we were all in the room. Good thing we all got along well.

In addition, the crew needs some training in passenger treatment. On several occasions in the bar, we had to physically go find someone to take our order, and most of the time, the waiters walked by the tables without even looking to see who might be ready to order or re-order. They are missing out on bar revenue, BIG TIME. Crew members cut off passengers trying to make their way from the breakfast buffet over to the dining tables several times. On previous Norwegian Cruises I have experience crew members coming right up to me with a big smile and asking me if I am having a great time and if there was anything they could do for me. Not a trace of that on this ship. I did not once experience eye contact from a crew member, let alone a smile.

Apparently there are no smoking restrictions on this ship as I noticed cigarette smoke everywhere I walked on board. Elevators were often out of service, and although I know there were at least 2500 passengers, sometimes we just gave up and hiked up and down the stairs. The food was OK...nothing to write home about. Our dining room waiters were great, but again, it took forever to order drinks, and they were a long time coming. Having to be off the ship by 7AM was the final punch in the face.

I would love to cruise with the Moodies again, but I hope they do not choose this cruise line again. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>