Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by loveladyc: Millineum March 17 Hong Kong to Singapore

loveladyc
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Asia Cruises

Millineum March 17 Hong Kong to Singapore

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Hong Kong

Surprised at the poor quality of the food and the staff attitude. We are easy to please but the food was boring, tasteless and very disappointing. The buffets were same food every day. Distinct lack of vegetables with many dinner entrees. Repetitious choices. Looked pretty but tasteless. I have never sent food back before but I did on this trip.We were with 14 people- 10 of which we were Elite Captain Club members and all remarked on the decline in the food. Some had been on the ship in October and said this was a real step down in both quality and service.

Never have I been on a ship where the crew seemed clueless- asking 2 people working the same job the same question: get 2 different answers contradictory to each other. Called for the room steward and got "sorry they are working right now ( 4 pm in the afternoon) " can you call back later?. Asked the staff person near the Service desk:Where's the gift shop? I think it is on the 5th floor no maybe its the 4th floor. Some More days ice in room, some days not.

Bed linens had dirt on them and were not changed. Had to ask for more bath room products and they never left any shower gel. Until the outbreak of what they said was Norovirus never saw crew cleaning in any of the common areas. Crew in general was not friendly in the bars and restaurants with the exception of the Olympic and the group that served our table in the Main Dining Room.

Fruit flies swirling around the juice dispenser, tables not wipe cleaned in the buffet and bar areas. The ship was suppose to have been updated last year but sure didn't look it.

Truly this trip shaped a bad image for me of Celebrity under the leadership of their new CEO. I would not sail this ship again and not sure I would ever sail the line again. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Inside Stateroom Vista Deck (7)

The cabin was well set up and I liked the size and the bath size. Good storage. Bed needs a heavier quilt.

Organized my own tour where we over-nighted in Bangkok. Port is a long way from town( 2.5 to 3 hrs) and the traffic is bad. Won"t see much of Bangkok if you don't over night.

Hired private excursion. Roads are back breaking bumpy and it takes 3 hours plus to arrive in Hanoi. Returning late after another 3 plus hours on a terrible road was a relidf. It was an ok port but probably at the bottom of the list of all the places I have ever been off a cruise ship. Traffic is a nightmare. Water Puppet show is a bit silly so you can skip that! War Remnant Museum is insulting.
Read 17 Hanoi Reviews

Private Excursion on bumpy but not as bumpy as Hanoi roads. City was busy and lots of traffic but we also did things out in the countryside which were interesting and entertaining. The market was crowded and hot. By this time we had seen enough temples as they are in every port. had to overnight to see anything due to the long way from the port to the city.

Hong Kong is easily seen by self touring. Subways and busses make it excellent city to self tour. The port facilities were dismal and involved to much transport time. Honestly think Hong Kong is better as a land based trip untill they get the port completed.

Self Touring is easily in this city of modern transportation buses and subways and low fare taxis. The people here are friendly and helpful and English is the primary lanquage. The cruise port is very nice and new Great city to visit!