Independence Cruise Review by miatax: Wonderful Vacation

Wonderful Vacation

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Jacksonville

American Cruise Lines offers a product not like any other cruise line I have been on. From the boarding procedure (which took about 30 seconds) to disembarkation (which was equally easy) the crew makes it known that they are there for one reason only - to care for the passengers. No request large or small was unattended to. Want a certain brand of drink? No problem. We'll pick it up in the next port. Want a special item for breakfast or lunch? No problem. Just ask one of the staff members and you will have it. The entire week was like that.

Upon boarding, my wife was overjoyed by the larger than average cabin, and especially by the bathroom that would actually accommodate two people at one time. Everything on the boat was spotless, although the decor was a lot more subdued than most ships and boats. But one has to consider the type of clientele on the boat. I felt young at 74. But I must quickly add that everyone was very active. Age was not More relevant.

While at first I found the food to be a little less upscale than I had expected, as the week wore on it got better every day. There is no complaint of the quality of the food, but the service was a little spotty at times since the same people who were serving our meals were the same ones who cleaned our cabins and vacuumed the corridors. Very busy people.

Overall we found the cruise to be beyond our expectations and we are planning on cruising with ACL several more times. Less

Read more Independence cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence Review >>

Cabin review: Independence 216

Cabin 216 is a convenient location for everything on the boat.