“Nice ship - Just Ok Time”
Cruise review of Crown Princess

kevin63 Crown Princess 3 Nice ship - Just Ok Time
kevin63
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We set sail out of Galveston on March 23rd, 2013. We flew into Houston and took the shuttle bus down to Galveston, The Princess Crew met us at the airport and everything was very simple getting on the bus. We then set off to Galveston which is about an hour away. Very good ride down to Galveston. We got to Galveston in plenty of time so we had lunch on the pier. The food was very good there. We then embarked onto the Crown Princess. The lines were long but not unexpected. The check in process went really well. We set sail that evening and were shocked to learn that the Set Sail Drinks would be billed to our room and they were not that great. Would never do that again. We then went to dinner that evening. As you have probably already read, the meals on this ship are mediocre at best. The menu is not that great. We have had way better meals on the 3 other cruise lines that we have been on. The meals did not get any better as the cruise went on and the buffet was substandard at best. The entertainment bands by the pool were good but not what I expected. I expected music that would put me in the mood for the Carribean...not put me to sleep. It was really good sleepy time music. We arrived in Honduras on Tuesday. We had a great time doing the snorkeling trip at the ship wreck that we booked through the cruise line. This was an excellent place to see Iguana and monkeys as well. The second port was Belize. We booked the Zipline/Cave Tubing on our own as the ship was already booked for this. We were a bit worried about doing this but it turned out great. Both were fun and the cave tubing was beautiful. I would highly recommend this. The 3rd port was Cozumel. We also booked our own excursion going deep sea fishing. This too was excellent. I would highly recommend booking your own trip unless it is an all day trip. You can save a lot of money booking it on your own. We saved over $500.0 doing it on our own. About 1/2 of the crew on the Princess Ship acted like they did not even want to be there. This was a bit disturbing as all of the other cruises that I have been on were extremely friendly and went out of there way to make your trip pleasant. Not on this ship. I spoke with a number of cruisers on this ship and they will not sail on Princess anymore. There were some that the only ships that they did cruise on was Princess. I am one of the ones that won't be on this cruise line anymore. It was a beautiful ship but the crew and the food were not good enough for another trip. I hope this helps someone else out.
Crown Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Crown Princess Review
Crown Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?