Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by mj cruiser: Epic Spring Break with the fam

Family & Children 5.3

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Epic Spring Break with the fam

Sail Date: March 2013

We came in from Oregon the Wednesday before we sailed. We stayed in Ft Lauderdale as the hotels were a better deal for us. We were upgraded from the Sheraton to the W and we were able to get a 2 bedroom flat...wow what an amazing pre-cruise stay!

Anyway I am on here to write my cruise review....took a shuttle from the hotel to the port and arrived about 10:45. There were no lines and then a short hold I think we were on the ship by 11:30. We had beautiful weather the whole cruise. They opened the rooms by 1 pm and we had our luggage right away!

We checked out the ship it really has something for everyone. We have a 4 and 16 yo so cruising is a great way for everyone to have fun.

Our 4 yo did the kids club and would go for an hour or so then we would head out to the kids pool for a few hours. It was spring break for Florida as well so there were over 1600 kids on the ship. It was hard to find a chair on the sea days but no big deal. I thought the pools were More super small for the amount of people on the boat they were packed! The slides were really fun and the kids area with the kids slide was awesome for our 4 yo. The kids crew was outstanding they really made an effort to have your kids have a great time.

Our 16 yo went to the teen meet and greet the first night and met 10 friends. They hung out every night and did not do the teen club but it is a great way to meet people the first night. He said it was the best cruise he has ever done. He had a blast on the slides.

We ate at Taste, O'Sheehans and the buffet. We kept thinking we would do a specialty place but there is so much to do we ran out of time and I thought the buffet had really good hot food! So many choices. Our kids loved the crepe station! O'Sheehans had OK food they seemed understaffed so it took a long time to get service and the food was just OK but a great place to watch March Madness!

We did the Nickelodeon Breakfast. The food was cold but it was cute. There are tons of other chances to see and meet the characters on board and get your picture.

We did bingo and trivia both were fun.

Our ports were St Martin we took a taxi to Orient Beach for a few hours paid for chairs it was really hot and we put sunscreen on but still got burned a bit! Beautiful place! Crowded but that didn't bother us.

Next port St Thomas we did the ship excursion to St Johns, Trunk Bay. I had been there many years ago and it was still as beautiful. It is not a long time at the beach but it was the perfect time for us! Hubby and teen snorkeled said it was OK! Water was really warm and blue! perfect!

Last port day was Nassau we went to the Blue Lagoon. I guess I did not read my excursion thing right I thought we could charge to our ship card and we did not bring cash! Whoops! you cant do anything without cash or credit card! The island manager actually let our kids go into the play park for free which was so nice it was the blow up play things that go in the water.

I would have loved to have a day at sea before docking but it was a wonderful trip!

Food was great always something to eat! Blue man group was fun kids loved it...and the comedy club and dueling piano was fun too! Casino just took our money but it was fun :)

The bathroom thing did not bother us as we had connecting balconies. The beds were small! My 5'9 sons feet were off the bed and you had to let someone pass you before you went by the bed. Rooms were small but nice. Tons of storage

We like to sail different ships but I would go on Epic again. They do need another set of elevators! Cant wait to go on NCL Getaway next year! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Family Balcony Stateroom Deck 11 13102

great location, small room, tons of storage, quiet, great connecting room nice balcony

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day

(4)
Tons of stuff for kids to do they have a water play area but it costs money so make sure to bring credit card or cash!! We forgot so there were so many things we could not do! Some of it smelled like sewage not sure if there was just a problem that day. The sand was dirty and water was shallow. Would not go there again but it was ok for one time.

Beautiful and fun port loved Orient Beach! Took a taxi there and back with no problems!

Some people wanted more time at the beach but with a 4 yo it worked out perfect for us! Took a water taxi over then an open air taxi had 2 hours at the beach then back to the boat! St Johns is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to!
Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews