Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Hazily2

Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: Hazily2
Cruise Date: March 2013
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Impressive New Ship
This was a group of 34 cruisers, most over 70, and most on their first cruise. I chose the Reflection because I felt it would provide a positive cruise experience for these folks with sufficient variety in food and entertainment for all. It was definitely a good decision - they are all asking when we can do this again.

Embarkation: Went smoothly albeit a bit crowded even in the Concierge line. We arrived at the port about 12:30 which seemed to have been an extremely popular arrival time. Agents were working effectively and quickly however to get everyone thru the process & on the ship.

Ship: Lovely ship, with the feel of a high end boutique hotel. The decor was simple and easy to take in - not too busy. The variety of chair styles and coverings was amazing. Art on display in public areas was tasteful and interesting. Lawn Club and surrounding area was relaxing, uncrowded most of the time, and perfectly manicured.

Cabins: We were in a Concierge cabin 9294 on Deck 9. The bathroom design was probably the best on any ship I have sailed on with sufficient room for two gals to put away all of our hair and cosmetic items and have space left over! The cabin was roomy enough for my sister and I, well appointed, and very comfortable. Our balcony furniture was comfortable also (on some ships I have found the balcony furniture to be uncomfortable!).

Food: We were on Celebrity Select dining but ate with the same waiter on all 5 nights we are in the main dining room. We had very good service, a waiter with a great personality, and good food. We had been on the Infinity 2 months ago and noticed several of the same menu items which made ordering some of our favorites easy. On one night, one at the table didn't like the item and he quickly exchanged it for another item on the menu. We had one group dinner for everyone in the dining room - the dining room staff was very accommodating and facilitated a great dining experience for the group on our last night. Everyone was more than satisfied with the food and dining staff the entire cruise. Several of us ate in specialty restaurants during the cruise also & everyone was impressed with the food, decor, and service as well.

Entertainment: This was probably the only thing I could ask for improvement on. The stage shows were good of course, but the lounge entertainment wasn't the best I have experienced - & the lounge shows were too short (15-20 minute segments). The main lounge band that sang at the pool, in the atrium, etc. was very very good - & the cruise director sang with them often. During a 80's night by the pool, he sang for nearly 90 minutes and was a definite hit! Best cruise director overall I have had in a long time.

Conclusion: This was another great Celebrity experience-"Modern Luxury" goal achieved. While I book groups on several cruiselines depending on the make-up of the group, this was definitely an excellent choice for this group of older less experienced cruisers. Most are already working on selecting their next Celebrity cruise.

Publication Date: 04/08/13