“Great Cruise”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Pros: Easy on and off. Huge ship! Lots of food and entertainment options. Full cruise, but did not feel "stuffed." Staff is great, very very pleasant and cheerful. No Americans on staff; primarily Indonesian, Malaysia, Philippines, Nigeria, etc. Not too many language issues; most of their English is very good. Very attentive and pleasant. Lots to do on the ship! Always something going on. Plenty of staff asking if you need a drink. Huge variety of food on the buffet. Great ethic food options on buffet (Indian, cajun, thai, Chinese, etc.) Shows very good. Cabins QUIET!! Once you shut the door, it was like being in a vault. Great soundproof efforts. Cons: I am not a seasoned cruiser, so I am not very qualified to offer many criticisms. My impression is that the general cabins are tight. Not enough room to pass by another. The toilet and shower are unusual, but we quickly got used to it. As another pro, I was surprised at how much drawer and cabinet space there was once you pressed the issue. We stored all of our clothes, etc. with no problem. You are almost forced to buy the all-you-can drink pepsi deal, or else you would hemorrhage money on sodas. I would suggest dumping this and let the guests have the sodas! The excursions are a bit over-priced, IMHO. Small pools - 3 water slides are great, but they by nature cut into pool space. Then add in that a chunk of pool space is dedicated to sprayers/fountains (which did not work until late in the cruise), and you pretty much surrender the pools to the kids. One adult dedicated pool, but small too. I would suggest knocking out the fountains and making the main pools bigger. Overall: Great experience. Minor complaints overall.
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?