Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruiser Lou

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruiser Lou
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: Cruiser Lou
Cruise Date: March 2013
Cabin Category: BV

Oasis
The entertainment on the oasis was fabulous. This is our sixth cruise and the ship singers and dancers were the best we've ever seen. The aqua theater production was excellent, as usual. The beatle maniacs were actually pretty good. Both comedians were pretty good. Didi heavyset guy, I think his name was Dan Wilson, or something like that, I would Consider seeing again, if he came to my town. My family and I ate at the formal dining room most nights, and we all rate the food as good, but not excellent, With the exception of lobster night. We only went on one excursion, two stingray beach, in Cozumel. It was very fun. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. It was well worth the $60 or so we paid, per person.

We kind of had bad luck in the dining room. We got two brand new servers, that were still a little green. We had to ask for many items two or three times, and they always seem to be in much more of a hurry then servers on past cruises. In contrast, our head waiter was fabulous. It really pays to get to know your head waiter well. They have the power to make things happen.

After serving us decaf coffee, after dinner, every night, the assistant waiter managed to serve us regular coffee On the very last night. I was wondering why I felt so perky at midnight, but started to feel the real joy when I could not sleep all night as I Was thinking about the 18 Hour drive ahead of me!! This also happened to us, on the Freedom, two years ago, but fortunately, it was not on the last day. Please excuse my yelling in the next sentence. ROYAL CARIBBEAN, SPEND THE EXTRA NICKEL AND BUY THE COFFEE CARAFES WITH ORANGE LIDS FOR THE DECAF COFFEE!!!

Ricky, the cruise director, was so-so, in our opinion, but Patricio, Activities director, was very good. I hope he gets Promoted to be a cruise director soon.

We really enjoyed meeting the Santos, and fam planner families, On board the ship. Our daughter, Lexi, did quite a few activities with their kids and also had a lot of fun. Also, we never got your names, but we really enjoyed the company of the Cruise critic family we met at the stingray beach encounter.

All in all, we had a great time, and would do it again, but we will never order coffee in the dining room again!

Cruiser Lou and family.