Queen Victoria Cruise Review by aussie roses

Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: A6
See More About: Queen Victoria Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Embarkation Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Victoria Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Victoria Deck Plans
Queen Victoria February 2013
My husband and I have just had the most wonderful cruise from Sydney to Singapore leaving Sydney 24th February. After a miserable week of wet weather in all ports in Australia, we headed for Manilla. From Manilla to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Bangkok it was beautiful clear sailing. I unfortunately had to use a Walker as I am booked in for a hip replacement in a weeks time and was traveling in a lot of pain. I didn't have to say anything, staff were very observant and were so kind to me, if it wasn't for them my cruise would have been so much harder,even going ashore or having to use a tender was so much easier because of the care given by the crew.

I only had one grouch, the whole system of how the Queen Victoria runs is amazing, it makes you feel like a Queen yourself, the organisation that is done in organising the tours, the paperwork, the news every night from your home Country, just everything is so organised and at your fingertips just when you need it.

The Dining Room experience is truly amazing from those beautiful afternoon teas in the Queen's room to the dining room each evening with everyone elegantly dressed, the service and the food was first class with such interesting menus. Breakfast and Lunch was equally the same.

Every night in the Theatre was an amazing first class show which was something to look forward to every night.

A particular highlight was the 'Sake' dinner which we attended in the Todd English Restaurant, wonderful food and interesting Sake wine in a fabulous restaurant.

My husband attended his art classes every sea day and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I want to thank the staff at Cunard who obviously work very hard to make every passenger have a wonderful time, if it isn't for them it wouldn't be half as good.

Ports of call were great, especially overnights in Shanghai and Hong Kong, Manilla was a surprise, had a lovely tour and find it a very interesting and beautiful place. Shanghai on the bullet train was a wonderful trip. Bali was okay if you do a tour in which we did up in the mountains and it was a lovely day.

I said I had one grouch. I used to cringe when I would see passengers getting in the pool with out showering. There are showers on each side of the pool and there is a notice to shower at the end of the pool, it is in small print and nobody reads the signage. Because we have these ignorant people in the world and to the health of fellow passengers and I wonder if Cunard could put in print on the glass that surrounds the showers to please shower before entering the pool.

Thankyou Queen Victoria for yet another well organised voyage.

Publication Date: 04/08/13