Eurodam Cruise Review by evansofelmhurst: I had the time of my life!

evansofelmhurst
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Eurodam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

I had the time of my life!

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Freeport

I can't say enough about how wonderful our trip was! Let me start with the ship. I found it to be the perfect size for us - not too big and not too small. I believe there was around 2,100 passengers with approximately 400 of them children. The ship was spotless and classy in an understated elegance kind of way. No big atrium to gawk at, just a nice 3-story version. I liked the common areas very much, from the lovely Exploration/Crow's Nest in the front of the ship to the lounges, dining rooms, and pools. I especially liked the multi-age pool on the Lido deck in that it had a retractable roof. The roof stayed open the whole trip, but when I felt I had enough sun, I could move my lounge chair under the roof and still enjoy the ocean breezes.

Our room was a suite with a bathroom larger than my one at home! It was absolutely beautiful with a generous veranda and plenty of seating. I miss it already.

The staff was so polite and friendly, I can't think of a single negative More experience, they kept everything running so well. The CD, JT Watters, was just right - not too obtrusive, but was easy to spot throughout the ship as he was always involved.

One event we especially enjoyed was "Talking with the stripes". This was an opportunity to have a Q&A with the captain and the hotel director while a slide show of the ship's inner workings played. My whole family asked questions and we learned so much. We also enjoyed the team trivia event.Fortunately we had a set seating time at dinner, because that was the only time I would see my 3 teen-aged daughters! They loved the "loft" at Club HAL and met up with other kids their ages on the first day. They enjoyed their staff leaders, Chris and Jamie, and had so much fun I finally had to set a curfew.

The ports of call were great. The ship docked right at Old San Juan, so we were able to enjoy a self-guided walking tour all around the area. We really enjoyed Half Moon Cay too. The sand and water were perfect. I can't think of a better place to relax and feel like you're in paradise.

One of our favorite parts of the trip was enjoying the band just about every night in the BB King Blue's Club - Memphis Sounds. What a terrific group of performers - so talented! We couldn't believe how lucky we were to see such a great act every night.

This was such a great multi-generational trip. My parents enjoyed our time hanging out on the veranda and would retire after the early evening show. My husband & I would head to the Blue's Club for a date and our girls would straggle back to the room by 1 am. Everyone was happy. Thanks HAL! Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Cabin review: Eurodam Deluxe Verandah Suite Upper Verandah 6064

No complaints about our room - it was beautiful. Generous closet space - we couldn't use it all! Big veranda with plenty of seating. Large bathroom with separate vanity area. Very well done!

This island was so beautiful! A well groomed beach with white sand like powdered sugar and clear blue water. What a great place to relax. The only negative was the local staff. They had poor customer service. We had reserved a "clam shell". Well, there were no signs/no indication of how to retrieve our clam shell. I had to ask no less than 5 people and all I got was a lot of shoulder shrugging. So, the day started out a bit stressful, but it's hard to stay stressed in a place like Half Moon Cay!

The ship docked right at Old San Juan, making it so easy for us to check out the sites. Plus we had a long day at port, so we didn't have to rush. We took our time and really enjoyed ourselves. With the ship so close, my parents could head back to the ship without us.
Read 1366 San Juan Reviews

St. Thomas was a decent island, but I don't feel like I really had time to do more than shop. However, it didn't take long before I got tired of being pestered by shop keepers to come inside their shops.
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews