Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by lkva: Rest and Relaxation on The Enchantment of the Seas

lkva
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Rest and Relaxation on The Enchantment of the Seas

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore

This is our second cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas in nine months. I can honestly say that this cruise was not as nice as the cruise we took May 2012. We live about a hour from Baltimore so it is very easy for us to get to the port. Once we got to the port it was very easy. We got there just in time no lines or hassles. Waited about 45 minutes and then we were able to board.

First items on our agenda was to go to the dining room to check to see if the request for a table for two was met. It was not and was changed for us without any questions. Then we went to the shore excursion desk to book a few excursions since we had a lot of on board credit to use I wanted to do this once we boarded. No line got the two excursions we wanted. Then off to Park Cafe for some lunch and wait for the cabin to ready.

Cabin-It was an interior cabin something I haven't had in many cruises it took something to get use too. It was very clean and didn't look remodeled except for the More TV. Our room steward was Bobby was very nice and always working. He was super friendly too. Few issues I had with the cabin the bed was really uncomfortable it seem to get worse as the week went on. The walls are super thin. I could hear EVERYTHING going on next to us and behind us. Consider yourself warned before you do or say thing you don't want everyone too hear.
If you have any issues with motion sickness this cabin is not for you. We had very rough seas. So rough that the drawers and closet opened and slammed shut on their own. One day it was almost impossible to take a shower. I know you don't cruise to watch TV but this is an issue that is so poor. TV programming is bad. I would think that in this day and age it would be so much better. The sea days going were rough and weather was not so great but got better as we went south. We were later getting into San Juan due to the rough seas. The return Sea Days the seas were better.

We didn't do much on the sea days except sun our selves on the days that we could. We didn't go to many activities.

Food-It was hit or miss. I was disappointed in the dining room. Last cruise everything was good ate in dining room every night. This time ate in dining room 4 times. The food was lukewarm. The night they had lobster mine smelled so fishy, looked bad and was so tough I couldn't eat it. Not sure if this was due to the fact we had late seating. Our waiter was just ok seemed to be just going through the motions. The asst. waiter was fantastic and was given our WOW Card.

Windjammer was ok nothing bad and nothing special. The Windjammer was really crowded it seemed all the time.
Park Cafe is a great addition everything there was really good and it was never too crowded. Not sure many people knew about it. I think it being in the Solarium helps reduce the crowds.
The new coke machines are really nice and easy to use. I think it is worth the price since there are many different drinks to choose from including Power Aide.

The improvements that were made appeared to be not too noticeable. All public areas were clean and looked nice. All public bathrooms were very clean as well.

Staff-Everyone was very nice, but no one really went above and beyond. Our last cruise in May of 2012 every staff member was awesome. If I had WOW Cards on my last cruise it would have been hard to choose. This time I only used one.
We arrived back to Baltimore on time. We did the self assist off the ship. We were in the car heading home by 740. We were home by 9 even with Monday morning DC traffic and light snow. I even made it to my office by noon.
Overall this was a nice, restful and uneventful vacation, just like a vacation should be! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 4009

There is a lot of movement in this cabin if the seas are rough. Very noisy was able to hear the people on both sides of us and behind us. We did have plenty of room for our clothes and other items. It was in a nice area in the front because no one walks down that hallway as a main thruway. It is on the 4th deck which is great for leaving the ship on the last day you don't have to drag you luggage down all the stairs.

Beach Break

(4)
I was concerned about going here, but turned out to be gorgeous! It was nice since we were picked up by a boat from the cruise ship and taken to a resort. The workers were all friendly and helpful. The water was crystal clear. Be ward again this resort has European guests and there was some topless sun bathers. The fresh coconut drink was so good and refreshing it is a must.

After being told the night before that it was going to be a sunny day and UV index of 11 we were really excited! Then we wake up to major overcast, storm clouds and chilly. It was very disappointing. We got off walked around a little and then went back to the ship. Nothing you can do about mother nature, but it was probably a blessing since we had gotten a lot of sun the days before.
Read 373 Labadee Reviews

we decided to just walk to the fort. The walk to the fort is up pretty steep hills and streets. The fort cost $3.00 pp and the views a spectacular! After the fort we walked around town. It was a very nice evening. Headed back to the ship for dinner since we had late seating it was perfect.
Read 1376 San Juan Reviews

Sapphire Beach

(2)
Last time I was there was 5 years ago and I didn't think it was as nice or clean as it did then. We did the Sapphire Beach and Island Drive. This was not so great. Sapphire Beach is very small and looks like you are entering a run down time share. I am sure at one time it was really nice. Beach area is very small and can get very crowed. The people that work there are very friendly. I was hoping for something a little nicer.