Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by lkva

Member Name: lkva
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Rest and Relaxation on The Enchantment of the Seas
This is our second cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas in nine months. I can honestly say that this cruise was not as nice as the cruise we took May 2012. We live about a hour from Baltimore so it is very easy for us to get to the port. Once we got to the port it was very easy. We got there just in time no lines or hassles. Waited about 45 minutes and then we were able to board.

First items on our agenda was to go to the dining room to check to see if the request for a table for two was met. It was not and was changed for us without any questions. Then we went to the shore excursion desk to book a few excursions since we had a lot of on board credit to use I wanted to do this once we boarded. No line got the two excursions we wanted. Then off to Park Cafe for some lunch and wait for the cabin to ready.

Cabin-It was an interior cabin something I haven't had in many cruises it took something to get use too. It was very clean and didn't look remodeled except for the TV. Our room steward was Bobby was very nice and always working. He was super friendly too. Few issues I had with the cabin the bed was really uncomfortable it seem to get worse as the week went on. The walls are super thin. I could hear EVERYTHING going on next to us and behind us. Consider yourself warned before you do or say thing you don't want everyone too hear.

If you have any issues with motion sickness this cabin is not for you. We had very rough seas. So rough that the drawers and closet opened and slammed shut on their own. One day it was almost impossible to take a shower. I know you don't cruise to watch TV but this is an issue that is so poor. TV programming is bad. I would think that in this day and age it would be so much better.

The sea days going were rough and weather was not so great but got better as we went south. We were later getting into San Juan due to the rough seas. The return Sea Days the seas were better.

We didn't do much on the sea days except sun our selves on the days that we could. We didn't go to many activities.

Food-It was hit or miss. I was disappointed in the dining room. Last cruise everything was good ate in dining room every night. This time ate in dining room 4 times. The food was lukewarm. The night they had lobster mine smelled so fishy, looked bad and was so tough I couldn't eat it. Not sure if this was due to the fact we had late seating. Our waiter was just ok seemed to be just going through the motions. The asst. waiter was fantastic and was given our WOW Card.

Windjammer was ok nothing bad and nothing special. The Windjammer was really crowded it seemed all the time.

Park Cafe is a great addition everything there was really good and it was never too crowded. Not sure many people knew about it. I think it being in the Solarium helps reduce the crowds.

The new coke machines are really nice and easy to use. I think it is worth the price since there are many different drinks to choose from including Power Aide.

The improvements that were made appeared to be not too noticeable. All public areas were clean and looked nice. All public bathrooms were very clean as well.

Staff-Everyone was very nice, but no one really went above and beyond. Our last cruise in May of 2012 every staff member was awesome. If I had WOW Cards on my last cruise it would have been hard to choose. This time I only used one.

We arrived back to Baltimore on time. We did the self assist off the ship. We were in the car heading home by 740. We were home by 9 even with Monday morning DC traffic and light snow. I even made it to my office by noon.

Overall this was a nice, restful and uneventful vacation, just like a vacation should be!

Publication Date: 04/06/13