Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by avalon65: First Cruise - Legends of the Seas

avalon65
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Asia Cruises

First Cruise - Legends of the Seas

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

Late last year my sister spotted a superb special on LOTS for the 3 day "Best of Malaysia" cruise Owners Suite) close to 50% off the recommended price.
Yes thank you! My first ever cruise and doing it in luxury and style in the Owners Suite 8504 of the Legend of the Seas departing Singapore March 29th and sailing to Pinang and Kulala Lumpur then returning to Singapore.
The staff during the boarding process were ALL fantastic! EVERY staff member would say "good morning sir/maam" as we boarded and that was right across the board from check-in, security, photogrpahers, bar staff, cleaner and the F&B staff... and in a ll honestly it did seem genuine. The ship itself, as Im led to belive by other seasoned travellers is a "small" one at around 70,000 tonnes and is ageing gracefully - but still impressive and VERY quiet and smooth during our travels.
As part of our Owners Suite package we had access to the "Concierge Club" 24hours and consisted of free canapes, breakfasts, pre More dinner snacks and free champagne & beer. Despite this wonderful room and service, hardly anyone would use it and was not uncommon for my sister and myself to be the only ones in there. Activity wise theres plenty to keep you occupied and the Cruise "Compass" was very detailed and provided all the information you could ever want. THis cruise was at capacity of approx 2008 passengers according to our American Cruise Director "Dan". I was also impressed by only limited onboard PA announcements over the 3 days and provided the relevant information (in 2 languages)
Our Staterrom - or the "Rembrandt Suite" was amazing. So much room, lots of spcace, anincredible bathroom with jacuzzi and comfortable queen bed and sofa bed. The balcony was spacious and our attendant - Ravi - assisted us with every request. I did however find the laundry service a bit slow by Ravi would chase up these requests and have them sorted out quickly. Food wise it was sensation - the steak WAS Medium rare as I ordered it and you can see why people really do put on the kilos with the food.....The servings themselves were well portioned. So all in all, what a great introduction to crusing for me! My sister and I were very relaxed and practically had to be "asked to leave" at 8.30 on our dpearture morning as we were trying to stretch out our wonderful experience to the last possible minute! Less

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Legend of the Seas Owner's Suite Deck 8 8504

8504 - Owners Suite Legends of the Seas - Forward One main problem, this cabin is right under the Windjammer Cafe - therefore you WILL hear tables/chairs scraping and very muffled crowd ambiance. Despite this we managed to sleep very well

Petronas Twin Towers

(3)
A bit of a problem here. Our tour was for 7 hours - reason is that the ship docks at Port Glenn approx 90mins form KL (depending on traffic) so theres 3 hours gone already for your day tour. The tour I chose was $59 and "KL Lite & easy" tour. It included 2 stops at the War memorial and Royal Selangor Club then approx 3 hours "free time". The "Free time" was where the busload were dropped off at the Petronas Towers and told to "shop to you drop" until 3.30 when the bus picks you up to take you back to the ship. Trouble is that the Petronas Towers are VERY high class stores (Tiffany, Chanel etc) and I can see all these stores at Singapore. Our guide advised us NOT to go wandering off as if lost we could miss our connection back to the ship and have to pay approx $150USD for a taxi fare back to the ship. This made everyone VERY nervous and anxious so we felt like "captives" of this gigantic mall. Lets face it - I'm a male.. being stuck in a VERY expensive mall for 3 hours isn't my "kind of thing" I will admit. I was hoping to sample the street life, markets and the real KL during this free time and not Chanel shops. Anyway we all caught the bus back and I got some great pictures of KL and despite the humidity levels it appeared to be a clean structured city and would like to revisit it again soon.