Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by avalon65

Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: OS
See More About: Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Legend of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Legend of the Seas Deck Plans
First Cruise - Legends of the Seas
Late last year my sister spotted a superb special on LOTS for the 3 day "Best of Malaysia" cruise Owners Suite) close to 50% off the recommended price.

Yes thank you! My first ever cruise and doing it in luxury and style in the Owners Suite 8504 of the Legend of the Seas departing Singapore March 29th and sailing to Pinang and Kulala Lumpur then returning to Singapore.

The staff during the boarding process were ALL fantastic! EVERY staff member would say "good morning sir/maam" as we boarded and that was right across the board from check-in, security, photogrpahers, bar staff, cleaner and the F&B staff... and in a ll honestly it did seem genuine. The ship itself, as Im led to belive by other seasoned travellers is a "small" one at around 70,000 tonnes and is ageing gracefully - but still impressive and VERY quiet and smooth during our travels.

As part of our Owners Suite package we had access to the "Concierge Club" 24hours and consisted of free canapes, breakfasts, pre dinner snacks and free champagne & beer. Despite this wonderful room and service, hardly anyone would use it and was not uncommon for my sister and myself to be the only ones in there. Activity wise theres plenty to keep you occupied and the Cruise "Compass" was very detailed and provided all the information you could ever want. THis cruise was at capacity of approx 2008 passengers according to our American Cruise Director "Dan". I was also impressed by only limited onboard PA announcements over the 3 days and provided the relevant information (in 2 languages)

Our Staterrom - or the "Rembrandt Suite" was amazing. So much room, lots of spcace, anincredible bathroom with jacuzzi and comfortable queen bed and sofa bed. The balcony was spacious and our attendant - Ravi - assisted us with every request. I did however find the laundry service a bit slow by Ravi would chase up these requests and have them sorted out quickly. Food wise it was sensation - the steak WAS Medium rare as I ordered it and you can see why people really do put on the kilos with the food.....The servings themselves were well portioned. So all in all, what a great introduction to crusing for me! My sister and I were very relaxed and practically had to be "asked to leave" at 8.30 on our dpearture morning as we were trying to stretch out our wonderful experience to the last possible minute!

Publication Date: 04/07/13
Read the Asia ports review by avalon65
More Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Legend of the Seas review Read the next Legend of the Seas review

More Asia Cruise Reviews