An experience we would not forget (in a bad way): Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by dxb625
Overall Member Rating
An experience we would not forget (in a bad way)
1) The clients are mainly Chinese, with only a handful of foreigners. Having lived in China for 3 years, we know that pushing, shoving, yelling and crude manners or the lack of it, were part of the Chinese culture. However, we are talking about a $2000 trip and expected better behavior since this is considered expensive by Chinese standards. From check-in to boarding, it was a total mayhem. There was an absolute disorganization, service from the nonchalant ground crew was extremely disappointing, sending us running around the circus with a crying baby. No assistance or priority was given to us. To make matters worse, the crew obviously did not More bother to direct the passengers to form a line so it was a mad congregation of people pushing, yelling and shoving their way to the ship. It was absolutely chaotic, we were being pushed and shoved by the Chinese, yes, no regard for the baby at all, and all the RCCL staff were concerned with is taking pictures of passengers which they would later put it on sale for $19.95 each.
2) Once we got on the ship, there was yet another mad dash to the buffet line. The Chinese passengers behaved like they have not eaten in weeks, each one of them had their plates piled so high that it could easily overshadow mt. Everest. The kitchen crew had such a hard time trying to keep up with the number of hungry people that we could hardly get any food on our plates at all. Other than a couple of slices of bread and cheese, there was nothing left for us to feed ourselves!
3) The Chinese passengers do not respect rules at all. The adult only hot tub had a sign that clear says 'adult only' but there was a family with 3 kids in there, and they all had ice-cream cones in their hands. Other passengers even go as far as venture into crew only areas to take pictures.
4) Baby activities for 6-36 months were flooded with kids much older than that age range. One 7 year old was snatching toys from the young ones and yet his dad was simply too busy taking pictures of his son misbehaving to discipline him or obey the rules. Staff absolutely did not care.
5) We had an aft stateroom on deck 6. Not only was the engine noise blaring loud, it was constantly swaying so much so that a day after we disembarked, I am still feeling sick from the sway of the ship.
6) We spoke with a few staff on the ship and they told us that RCCL trips to Australia are usually much better than the Chinese ones, in terms of organization and control. This trip is definitely the first where we were dying to be home.
In a nutshell, if you want a stress-free vacation, avoid this cruise at all cost. Not only is it not worth the money, it is not worth the time or the mental and physical anguish. Less
Cabin review: D16388 Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
noisy engine, bigger balcony, constant swayingRead All Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D1) Reviews >>