Vision of the Seas 5

“Vision of The Seas March 8-18 2013”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas

4104ever
Member Since 2007
433 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This is my first cruise review, so I thought I would put in my 2 cents. I took 2 previous cruises on different cruise lines and they were just so-so, so I was not sure if I was even going to like this one.

Embarkation was delayed due to Norovirus on previous cruise. Once we were on board we proceeded to the Windjammer for something to eat. The food was your typical buffet food and was ok. Yes there was some food I did not like, but even though my wife is a good cook she sometimes cooks me something I do not like.

We were able to get to our cabin about 1pm and put our stuff away (stuff for my wife and junk for me). Cabin was small, I hsve seen bigger closets, but was very nice and sparkely clean. Maria was our attendant and always had a smile on her face.

My wife and I spent a lot of time on the pool deck people watching and drinking Mojitos and Pina Coladas(the virgin type for me)and of course coffee. The coffee was fantastic. We are originally from Seattle so More we know what good coffee is.

The Captain, Cruise Director and crew were outstanding, mingling with the guests and getting involved with the ships activities. Everytime I turned around the Captain or the Cruise director was there.

The shows were fantastic except for one, Boogie Wonderland, we both fell asleep on that one.The ports of call were good except for Martinique. It was not handicap accessible for the most part. Tortola was our favorite. We and others from our roll call booked a catamaran trip with Aristocat Charters. We sailed on the Lionheart with Captain Steve that lasted 7 hours. Very good snorkeling stops and plenty of rum and punch and sodas and a very nice lunch. We had a great time and highly recommend Captain Steve.

We had late nite seating for dinner and we sat with a very fun group of 3 other couples. That turned out to be the highlite of our day. The wait staff was outstanding and food was very good ( not bad for being foo foo food).

The desserts were fantastic. Could not pick a favorite as they were all my favorites.

In summary Royal Caribbean impressed me, so now I am hooked on cruising. I hope I did not put you all to sleep. I am ready to go again. We have already booked a cruise for Feb 1 2014,a motorcycle cruise.

One final thought, The Vision Of The Seas for her age is in beutiful condition, but it is the ships crew that makes her and convinced me to go cruising again. Less

Vision of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

Q4067
4067 great location.

Not handicap accessible.We took motorized scooter into town and had to lift scooter up and down off of curbs.

Published 04/05/13

Read Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review

Vision of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?