Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by chickychu2001: Carnival Ecstasy Spring Break 2013

chickychu2001
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

Carnival Ecstasy Spring Break 2013

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

Native New Yorker....but like some I don't like to fly so I took the train down to Florida and boarded at Port Canaveral.

I love traveling by Amtrack because of the scenery! It took 22 hours, but it's fun to be able to get to know people. This time I rented a private room because I was traveling with a two year old. We ordered room service coming and going so we could relax and never went to the dining room. The food was superb. Cuban Sandwiches....yum!

Monday March 25th: we did the early embark (Faster 2 the Fun). It's useful at times! But not all the time. Had my case of water and case of Arizonas. We got to our room and dropped all our stuff off so we could run around the ship and find everything. There was a DJ in the Atrium as we boarded and my daughter and her best friend danced in the Atrium and even got the crew members dancing. Great way to start off your cruise. We headed back to our room and jumped into our bathing suite to sit by the pool. It was a little More cool that day...but warm enough to sit out for a bit. We ate at the Lido Deck before we laid out. And I don't know why people on this sight and other sights call it a stampede. It's just a big cafeteria that offers you all that you can eat. It wasn't crowded at all. Later that day we got involved in most of the cruise activities as we headed out to sea. I enforced the buddy system with the girls, but was distressed to see young children walking around the ship with no adults in tow. Never got to see my steward because he was so busy with the other rooms. Was seriously debating weather I should give him a tip. When we asked for stuff it didn't happen. I didn't get a towel animal until Wednesday and that day only. I only learned his name on Thursday of my trip.

Tuesday March 26th: Freeport Bahamas was our first stop. The girls hooked up with Club O2(for the teens) because they were going on a group excursion. So I took my own Excursion of going on a tour of the island. We passed by Count Basies house and Sammy Davis (Candy Man) house. And were told that Mr. Sean Connory (The Original James Bond) lives on the island. Our driver took us to Junkaroo Beach for 15 minutes which was not on our tour. I was amazed at house blue and clear the water was. I took pictures and had to leave my lady friend so I could walk in the beautiful waters. We headed to the shopping area where I bought the most of my purchases of the whole trip. And I asked the shop keepers if they could find me a Bahamian dollar. They were amused by this. After heading back to the boat, I enjoyed whatever activities where on board.

Wednesday March 27th: Nassau Bahamas...land that my Great Grandmother was born. Tuesday night on the ship the ship was swaying back and forth a lot. Lots of people got sick on the ship. That morning I left the girls sleeping while I headed on the island to do some family research. I took a cab to the Bahama Archives building and the cab driver wanted to charge me twenty dollars for a round trip. I almost had a heart attack because I didn't have too much cash on me, so we settled on $10, because I would find my own way back. The research was quick and I met a women that can help me to delve into more history of the family. I had to head back to the boat by 12pm to get the girls and the research lady waited with me and we took the bus which took forever to come. We walked most of the way and I got scared cause we were so close to the street. No sidewalks in some parts. Met up with the girls and we went back on the island and did some shopping and headed to our Segway excursion. That was the best fun I ever had. Hey, Andrew and Reggie. Wish I could have done the Atlantis excursion, but it was too expensive. Tried to go the route of the hotel...but they were charging as much as the cruise ship. After a busy day for me I retired early even though there were ship activities that I wanted to attend. Woke up to the girls busting in my room at 3am dancing and singing that they got a picture with MATT the Cruise Director. Very funny individual.

Thursday March 28th: Half Moon Cay...Last port of call. Left the girls sleeping and went on the island the explore. Saw some beautiful nature. A momma hen trying to find the right spot for her 4 chicks. It was hard getting a picture of that. Walked until I reached the ranch and saw roosters with their beautiful shiny coats. Most of the horses were knelt down in the sand. One of the horses threw himself in the sand, kicked his feet in the air and was having the time rolling around in that sand. Headed back to the ship to collect the girls who where already heading off the ship. I told them I wanted to get my bathing suit so I can enjoy the beautiful carribean waters. Once we got on the island I headed to the barbecue to enjoyed the delicious food. The girls headed to find there pack of friends and I jumped into the waters and took pictures of myself and the surrounding areas. Headed back to the ship and enjoyed the Lido deck and any activites on board.

Friday March 29th: Day at Sea. Enjoyed all the last minute on board activities and my night ended off going to the Motown show which had us doing the conga line into the Atrium where all the guest where looking down on us dancing to "shake it up baby, twist and shout". MATT IS THE BEST CRUISE DIRECTOR OF ALL TIME. AND MY DAUGHTERS ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM....LOL!

Over all for a first time cruiser I had the best time ever and the weather was perfect each and everyday. I wound up tipping my steward in the end because he stepped it up after Wednesday. Paying extra for Faster 2 the Fun was worth it only because we boarded before everybody else. But those special lines that they have for F2F and VIPs...um you still have to wait. When we Debarked we stood in line with everybody else. Interesting fact: The more guests they have, the less staff they have. This is a Coast Guard rule. So UNDERSTAND that the ship may be understaffed because they are booked with so many guests. Be kind to the staff....they do work hard! I see the frustration on some of their faces, but they still managed to keep a smile on their faces. Yeah, a gentlemen that was working the Guest Services Desk in the day, was in the evening show. So some of the staff have more than one job. And that whole meeting the Captain and dressing up. Meeting the Captain never happen in or out of the Dining Room. I was pissed! AND CARNIVAL PLEASE STOP WATERING DOWN YOUR DRINKS...I WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED!

Ladies please stop packing it in with the food....it's gross! Yeah...I saw you with the double cheeseburger, large fries, chips an dip with all the topping...ugh!

I can't wait to take another cruise and yes...I will be sailing with Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Oceanview Empress U224

PLEASE FIX THE SITUATION IN THE WHEELCHAIR BOUND BATHROOMS. I DIDN'T MIND HAVE THAT CABIN BUT EVERYTIME WE SHOWERED WATER WOULD BE ALL OVER THE BATHROOM AND WE HAD TO THROW ALL OUR TOWELS ON THE FLOOR.

THE FOOD WAS THE BEST!!!!!