Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by luvjosie333: Loved the Mariner of the Seas

Overall Member Rating

Loved the Mariner of the Seas

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

My husband and I are still recovering from our post cruise depression. We had such an amazing time on the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas and are still so sad that the vacation is over already. We were so impressed with everything about our vacation. The only negative thing we have to say about it is that the weather was not the greatest for the first half of the trip!

We got on the ship in Galveston and had a very easy and quick experience actually getting onto the ship! We were so pleased with how friendly and welcoming the staff was. The food was wonderful! We especially loved dining at Giovani's and Chops! Wonderful selection of food at both the Windjammer and the dining room. It was so fun to try new items and end each meal with multiple desserts :)

Our highlights from the trip were a result of the very talented entertainment staff. My husband and I took full advantage of the various shows and activities on board. We were very pleased with the wide variety of More things to do! We felt like a week wasn't long enough to do everything! Our cruise director, Steve Davis from Wisconsin, was simply remarkable. His passion for what he does is very apparent in everything he did. He was everywhere on the ship and really made us feel that he loves what he does. We were thrilled to have such a hard working and talented CD on our ship. He truly had a huge impact on our amazing experience. Hats off to such an talented and passionate individual. It was very obvious that the other guests felt the same way! The CD staff and activities manager, Cuddy, were also very impressive. They did a great job of keep everyone entertained and happy even with the bad weather.

I hope this review is of help to those who are thinking of cruising with Royal Caribbean! If you are fortunate enough to have Steve as a cruise director I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed with your experience. Less

Published 04/05/13

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X