Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Cheddar11: Good first time cruise for the older kids

Carnival Inspiration 3
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Good first time cruise for the older kids

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Our family just returned from the 3-day Ensenada cruise on Carnival. We had a great time and needless to say, the staff on board was wonderful. We got to know the staff in the buffet area, as well as the Mardi Gras dining hall pretty well and they were the highlight of the entire cruise.

As a family we just did our thing for the most part. With teenagers, we let them explore and participate in age appropriate events as they saw fit. Because we wanted to give the kids their fist cruising experience, this was a great way to do it. The ship is a little dated and that can be made clear with the decor. My wife wishes that they offered zumba classes on the deck, or in the fitness area.

The kids made friends in the O2 group and that was a positive experience. The PG rated comedy was really funny, especially Seth Buchwald. We didn't watch the main entertainment on board so I can't comment on that. I with they would have had a magic show or something as well. I More thought some of the timing of the different events was a challenge. Especially if there was an event that was on during early dinner seating.

The food was just ok. Nothing to brag about. Reminded me of a vegas casino buffet but the quality just wasn't there I'm afraid. Even the scheduled dinner quality was a little bland. The staff was fantastic though.

Overall a good experience for us. We didn't notice the young spring break crowd that much. We just did our thing. Less

Published 04/05/13

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

Cabin review: 6CU217 Ocean View

Plenty of space for two people in one cabin. It would have been tight if we had kids in there with us as well.

Read All Ocean View (6C) Reviews >>
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X