“Good first time cruise for the older kids”
Cruise review of Carnival Inspiration

Cheddar11 Carnival Inspiration 3 Good first time cruise for the older kids
Cheddar11
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Our family just returned from the 3-day Ensenada cruise on Carnival. We had a great time and needless to say, the staff on board was wonderful. We got to know the staff in the buffet area, as well as the Mardi Gras dining hall pretty well and they were the highlight of the entire cruise. As a family we just did our thing for the most part. With teenagers, we let them explore and participate in age appropriate events as they saw fit. Because we wanted to give the kids their fist cruising experience, this was a great way to do it. The ship is a little dated and that can be made clear with the decor. My wife wishes that they offered zumba classes on the deck, or in the fitness area. The kids made friends in the O2 group and that was a positive experience. The PG rated comedy was really funny, especially Seth Buchwald. We didn't watch the main entertainment on board so I can't comment on that. I with they would have had a magic show or something as well. I thought some of the timing of the different events was a challenge. Especially if there was an event that was on during early dinner seating. The food was just ok. Nothing to brag about. Reminded me of a vegas casino buffet but the quality just wasn't there I'm afraid. Even the scheduled dinner quality was a little bland. The staff was fantastic though. Overall a good experience for us. We didn't notice the young spring break crowd that much. We just did our thing.
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6CU217
Plenty of space for two people in one cabin. It would have been tight if we had kids in there with us as well.
Published 04/05/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Inspiration Review
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?