Norwegian Star Cruise Review by SPEROSS: NORWEGIAN STAR CRUISE

NORWEGIAN STAR CRUISE

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: New Orleans

Cancun Fast ferry to Cozumel then to the Ship for check in, straight forward s there was only 70 of us getting on board as most board in New Orleans.
Note you are not allowed to take any drinks on board as they will be confiscated until the end of the cruise.
You have a few hours to go back into Cozumel (best for shopping) before the ship embarks to New Orleans.
Cabin we had upgraded to a balcony stateroom on deck 10 which was compact to say the least but comfortable and I appreciated the view. The higher your cabin the more movement you feel. The cabin was kept spotless and the turn down service produced memorable towel animals the best was a monkey swinging from the air conditioning.
All staff were very polite and helpful, some struggled with English but we got through one way or another.
Room service was slow and on one occasion took 3 phone calls.
Main restaurants Versailles, Aqua, Market cafe and Blue Lagoon are free
The rest have cover charges so did More not try.
We ate mainly in the Versailles as food is top quality. The market cafe tended to be very busy but the food is good. The chocaholic buffet on Friday is a must.
Drinks I was very disappointed with as they are very expensive they add autogratuity and then tax.
One couple asked for their own bottle of wine a screw top to be opened, cost 15 dollars corkage fee ouch.
Entertainment on the ship very good with some good shows would recommend "Elements".
Unfortunately due to it being spring break the swimming pool was jam packed and I was unable to try it as full of children and the hot tubs and Jacuzzi's also packed.
The shore excursions offered by the cruise line are plentiful but in my opinion are very expensive.
I would recommend pre booking with tour operators before you travel or just booking at the ports when you get off the ship as all the excursions can be obtained at lower prices from various tour operators.
Shopping is drummed into you on the ship with constant paperwork and presentations
I found better deals haggling myself over 50% as the ships promotions presenter for certain shops get a cut of the price you pay.
Also I got the impression the cruise line is attempting to get every dollar then can from you as you have to pay for Yoga, cycling fitness class and body boot camp to name just a few.
The casino was not for me as there is only one winner.
New Orleans was great as we had a sight-seeing tour offered by Virgin which was well worth while, the time spent in the French quarter went to fast another hour would have been better.
Costa Maya was ok and I will leave it at that.
Belize City we booked a sight-seeing tour which was interesting to see different cultures and ways of life.
Isla Roatan was a beautiful island did a tour and beach trip and was very enjoyable.
Then back to Cozumel.
I have the ships Excursion prices if you want to email me.
If I booked a cruise again it would be an adult's only cruise and would make sure everything was included. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 10020

Balcony stateroom, Rather compact but clean had to have bedcover changed as spotted dryed blood on it,not ours.The higher you go the more ships movement you feel this was the case on deck 10.Running cold water was warm.

City tour on a 9 seater Golf trolley bus,wirth while seeing the city.

Nice to get off the ship but excursions did not appeal.

The best for shopping.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

City Tour

(4)
Free time in the French quarter,excellent.

Did a tour and beach braek booked on the ship throughly enjoyed as it is a beautiful island.
Read 1646 Roatan Reviews