“Family Spring Break cruise ”
Cruise review of Norwegian Pearl

quercus alba Norwegian Pearl 5 Family Spring Break cruise
quercus alba
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The good: The Pearl. What a beautiful ship! What a great crew! Super buffet food. Awesome chef's table. Great Stirrup Cay is a nice beach day, even with passing showers. Grand Cayman is grand. NCL's Tulum excursion--very much worth the price. Teppanyaki exceeded expectations. The so-so: The MDR. Sorry--I was not impressed with food or service here. The OMG Awesome: NCL customer service. Very friendly officers and staff--from the Captain on down. Had a bridge tour and galley tour offered to us as well, also awesome. Chef's Table--amazingly awesome dining experience. The misadventures: not NCL's fault, but I managed to dislocate my shoulder in Jamaica, then reaggravate it at Grand Cayman. Always wanted to meet a cruise doc, but hoped it would be over the dinner table, not an exam table. (NCL should embroider their logo on my immobilizer brace. We also, through my carelessness, lost a shoulder bag in Ocho Rios--along with my phone and most sadly, a camera. Put a negative spin on what had been a really great excursion day. The one major frustration: we loved Freestyle on our first cruise, as a couple. With four kids though, it can be very frustrating. It really takes some planning to get to specialty restaurants, or even the MDR at peak times. It was also really hard to coordinate things.
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mini-Suite with Balcony

MB11002
11002 & 11004--adjacent, not connected. We were right next to officers' entrance to bridge, but no excessive noise. Nice location--quick hop up to fitness, spa, pool areas. Spacious balcony, plenty of room for 3.

Mayan Ruins
Booked NCL's Tulum tour. DO NOT attempt to do this yourself! There is a ferry crossing and a long bus ride involved, and I wouldn't trust myself to get back to the ship on time! The ruins are both gorgeous and interesting--beautiful seaside setting. Lovely beach for a quick cool off--wish I'd had more time there. Lots of iguanas to watch.
Irie Blue Hole
Big highlight for the kids to jump into the deep water from the high cliffs. Guides hovered attentively and seemed to know what they were doing.
Published 04/03/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?