Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by NYJeff

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: NYJeff
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 9B
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

Carnival Miracle (Good & Bad)
My group was al excited by this latest cruise. We also got such a bargain for the 8 day cruise on the Carnival Miracle from NYC! We stayed in a balcony room. As always when 1st boarding, the dining buffet area is where you get sent and it is always crowded. My problem though with the dining on this ship is that there is only ONE dining room, One Buffet and ONE restaurant. The dining room looks like a big grape. Purple grape light everywhere. The service was excellent. The food was good the first time around. I had prime ribs and it was great, but days later when it was served again it was like rubber. My vegetarian company did enjoy the Indian selection. The food at the buffet was usually the same. One Pizza station, One sandwich station, One salad station One Chinese station and the other was whatever was the days specials. Sometimes good sometimes not so good. I found the SPA was wonderful. Great massages at really good prices. Try for the specials they have daily.

Port Canaveral: It was great to get off the boat and feel the sun on me. After a really cold winter, I enjoyed the heat. Since I have been at this port MANY times before, I just went to Walmart and then to the mall.

Nassau: Another port I have been to numerous times. I enjoy looking in the town shops and then headed over to the beach by the Atlantis hotel.

Freeport: This was my first and last time to this island. At 6 am the boat was arriving into port, pumping in the awful air into the cabin. We woke up gasping on the horrible smells. Freeport's port brings you into the oil refinery area and it STINKS!!! Everyone on the boat was coughing. Even leaving the boat and taking a taxi into town, the air still stinks!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO FREEPORT!

Entertainment: The juggling guy was very good and funny. We also like the hypnotist but the comedians were awful. Stan Ullman was horrible. This is a joke, you are supposed to laugh he says. Well no one did! They should have thrown him off the boat! I like to play bingo but at $20 a game I didn't think it was worth it so I played maybe twice. The casino I stayed away from. When it is open you cannot breathe in there. Since I don't smoke, I was not going to get myself sick. I found the boat did not offer much exciting entertainment. I did see the shows but was not impressed.

Shopping on the Boat: It is a very small area and doesn't offer much of a variety like on the Norwegian Gem & Jewel.

I know I will not go on another Carnival cruise for a very long time since I thoruoghly enjoyed my Norwegian Cruises from NY and am planning an NCL cruise for next year. They have MORE variety of restauarants and activities.

Publication Date: 04/03/13