MSC Divina Cruise Review by Banjo_uk: Not all as sparkly as the ship looks

Banjo_uk
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Not all as sparkly as the ship looks

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

This was our first cruise with MSC, we chose it because of the price and the itinerary. Divina is not even a year old yet and you could tell as it was in tip top condition and spotlessly clean wherever you went. Our simple inside stateroom was clean, spacious and lovely and quiet which meant we always had a good nights sleep on the extremely comfortable bed.

You can't order or predict the weather and to a degree, this did make the time onboard a bit limiting as it was too cold to use the three small pools. There was no chance of getting in the hot tubs as they were full of kids all the time and the 'Zen Garden' area at the aft end did not appear to be as kid free as it was meant to be.

I appreciate that this is a Meditteranean company but I was really surprised at the lack of taste or variety in the food they offered, whether it be in the main resurant or the very crowded buffet areas. They also struggled to keep the food at a reasonable temperature, nothing was what More I would class as hot.

The staff needed an injection of something as, apart from a select few, they all seemd to be miserable; maybe it was the weather! The cruise director seemed to be a throwback to the cheesy eighties when he introduced the very average entertainment in the Pantheon Theatre. If it was not for the acrobats, none of the shows were worth watching really and they only lated 30 minutes.

We booked excursions online before we sailed and I will not do it again. One was modified and we were told 'unlucky' you have to take the alternative! Thankfully we had taken the t's & c's along with us so we got a refund. In fact the ship owed us on the final day as they had cancelled another trip due to bad weather!

Don't get me wrong, this was not a bad cruise, it could just have been better. The Alligrisimmo drinks package is the best value deal I think I have ever had but it will have to be a great itinery and price to get us back cruising with MSC. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Divina 11145

Spacious, simple inside cabin. Very quiet and and one of the best beds we have slept on.

Grand Bazaar

After having been to the Souks in Marrakech, I was a little dissapointed at theis place.

Spice Market

It does exactly what it says on the tin, a great place

Not a bad place to go for a walk around town. If you have never been before then you must take a trip to Ephesus
Read 153 Izmir Reviews

Weather was too bad, the port was closed so we did not get ashore