Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by honeymink

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by honeymink
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: honeymink
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Throughly enjoyable break
This was my 2nd cruise, and the second with RC so I don't have any other line to compare it to. it was a family holiday, adult children with aged parents. It suited us well.

Navigator is a beautiful ship with wonderful decor and attention to detail. My cabin was spotless and well maintained. Housekeeping was superb.

The public rooms are gorgeous.

We forgot it was spring break when we booked, so we were surprised to see many kids. However they were well behaved and it was OK.

There were a lot of activities but due to our booking time they were totally dominated by kids, so although i wanted to play table tennis and minigolf with my old dad it just was not possible. This was our fault, live and learn. On the one lousy weather day we went to the cinema - the projector needed refocusing!

The best thing about the RC ships is the Service. The crew are really great. Smart, personable, attentive, know their job, friendly but not 'servile' it is the service that makes the ship special and I hope RC know that!

We did Chukka Beach and the San Gervasio Ruins + beach break excursions. Both excellent value for money. Georgetown was cancelled due to weather.

Dining was good: the food was better than I had had on the Voyager in 2009. The dining room lamb shank stands out in particular; the prime rib too. Lovely fresh breads too. Wonderful service. Portions not too big. We had the later sitting which was good - fewer people and more relaxed.

The Windjammer was like all buffets - way too much choice and the temptation to pig out. Some folks were doing serious pyramid-ing. But the quality was very good and the provision of low fat and low sugar foods was great. The oatmeal and low fat granola was just amazing! Also impressed by the crisp salads and yes, the fries!

We did not try any specialty restaurants since the dining room was very good we did not feel we missed anything. The Promenade snack bar was excellent - I ate lunch there once; had a lovely fresh grilled veg sandwich. The coffee was weak but then I like my coffee strong, French style. There is a starbucks but I don't like starbucks so I just grinned and bore it. Good lemonade.

We did not go to any theatre or ice shows, but did visit Bolero's almost every night for the Latin Jazz, and also to the Ixtapa Lounge a few times and to the 14th floor bar. All were excellent. Bolero's was the high point of the cruise, just great cocktails and music.

Used the gym twice, great. Although I didn't really want to; I just felt guilty at having too much fun.

Had a spa treatment. Very well done though a bit abrupt.

I will do RC and this class of ship again, just not in spring break.

Embarkation/Disembarkation: New Orleans could make their port a bit more efficient and pleasant.

Publication Date: 04/02/13