Ryndam Cruise Review by jr8934

Member Name: jr8934
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: E
See More About: Ryndam Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 5+

Ship Facts: Ryndam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ryndam Deck Plans
Not What I Expected
We just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Ryndam. The weather was cooler than I'd hoped it to be, so my pool time(sunbathing) was limited. Had a little trouble getting a server by the tables to use the coke card. Towels by the pool were plentiful but some days a chair was hard to come by.

Enjoyed the ports of call. You might say there was something for everyone. A good mix of ports.

Our cabin stewards had a lot of rooms to tend to. Maybe this is why they never changed the sheets on the entire cruise. The mattress pad kept slipping and I'd wake up to a bunched up sheet under me. Uncomfortable!

We tried to see several of the shows but ended up walking out. I did get to see Droom in its entirety. And I saw the Farewell show.

The first night, the rocky motion caused me to be sick. My DH went to the shops where they charged $8.00 for a pkg of Bonine. I found out later, they were free at the medical center on 4. It would have been a courtesy to tell us. It makes me think all they care about is making a few extra dollars!

We needed help with a security issue but the front desk was polite but NOT HELPFUL.

LASTLY, service in the D.R. was extremely slow. A cup of coffee or a glass of iced tea would only be refilled if you caught the waiter's attention and asked for a refill. Same with the bread and butter. They did not offer steak sauce, etc., unless you asked. That should have been offered automatically. After 3 nights, we gave up and ate in the Lido.

Publication Date: 04/02/13