Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by takingthefam2cruz: EPIC is a good one

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

EPIC is a good one

Sail Date: March 2013

Flew into Miami same day as cruise, took taxi to port. Check in took about 10 minutes and waited about 30 minutes in the "big" room to board with the first round of passengers. WOW, what a ship, we spent the first hour checking everything out, lunch at Taste, and while we were eating were told the cabins were ready about 1 pm. Made our way to our Mini~suite, loved the lay out, we like the open bath, no water spashing out the sink. The wavy couch is NOT comfortable and my least favorite thing of the room. My little one ( age 7) fell off the wavy bed 4 times that week.

FOOD, it was hot when served~ a problem I had on my last NCL, it was good, I did't care much for the Buffet, very limited, Cagney's was good as always, the Cirque dinner was very good. Service was always very good.

Our cabin attendent was wonderful, always took care of us, got everything I asked for in a timely manner.

Entertainment, the Blue Man group was awesome, Cirque was very good. More Howl at the Moon very entertaining, Second City was funny. Legends, Michael Jackson was fantastic!!! First class entertainment, I reserved my tickets before the cruise and everything went like clockwork. You didn't know that you were on a ship with 5000 people ( 1700 kids).

The water slides were great, the one with the tube was proabaly the best water slide I have ever been on. On sea days there was some wait time to get on them. Team Nick was OK, not as good as the Jewel's team last year. The kids club team was awesome, very helpful, one thing I didn't like was the kids have to wear their kids club bracellete all the time~ I do understand that keeping up with all the tags would be impossible.

Ports, Just got off and found a beach to relax at. Water taxi right at the ship to take to to the beach and town at St.Marteen $4 one way or $7 all day pass, lots of shopping and very nice beach with chair and umbrella rental and bar service. At St Thomas, went to Meagans Bay, lots of shade. In Nassau, just took taxi to cabbabage beach, chair rental and huge waves and the most beautiful color of blue water.

Getting off the ship was a breeze, they load and unload using 2 line, the front and the back of the ship, NCL knows how to take care of 5000 people on one ship, we were off and had our luggage within 15 minutes of leaving our stateroom.

I would love to do this trip again... Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>