Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by megandav

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by megandav
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: megandav
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Hong Kong
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: 06
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Sub standard Millennium
sub standard is how I would describe our very recent cruise on the Millennium

embarkation in Hong Kong was well organised and boarding was quick and easy

State room was clean and comfortable if a little on the small size,linen and towels were clean and in good condition, our cabin attendant(Angelo) was freindly and eager to please.

we had select dining and the food in the dining room on deck 5 was alright, but not excellant, my first meal there was a Veal dish which I could not swallow as I couldnt chew it enough to be able to swallow it. the Hostess(Louisa) was excellant and it was refreshing that she could remember our names when we arrived for our meal, our Wine Waiter ( Milanavich) was also very good and helpful in choosing wines from our Wine package.

that however is all I can be positive about.

the Oceanview Cafe food left a lot to be desired, the quality of the food was very poor, it was more our less the same selection day after day. Pasta sauces which sat hour after hour heating and re-heating over and over and giving the appearance of being baked on the surface. there was always a carvery, on one occassion I had roast beef which I could not cut with a knife and fork. on asking for white bread I was advised there was none, without even checking with the galley. The supposed 24hr food service consisted of Pizza which once again had been sitting warming for hours. tea and coffee was available 24 hrs at one staion only however if you wanted to have a biscuit with after 11pm you were out of luck. Many people were complaining about the food and also the attitude of the staff in this cafe. One lady from Manchester said the food was no better than motorway fare and she was correct.

It was too bad if you wanted a drink at the Pool Bar after dinner because it was closed at eight o'clock. Many people preferred this area as there was comfortable seating for smokers to have a drink and a cigarette. The Bar Attendant was less than helpful, on two occasions a friend asked for a vodka and tonic only to be told they had run out, but that he could get it in the bar upstairs( that is my friend could )then on another occassion ordering the same drink was given vodka and soda, twice in succession. myself I ordered Scotch with no ice and a can of soda only to have it delivered with a glass full of ice, this happened three times in all. the other Bar on the opposite side of the Oceanview Cafe, did have seating for smokers, however it was slat chairs which were most uncomfortable. all in all if they want people to drink on board which is a high source of income for the ship, they should make it a more pleasant experience.

The ship had a high incidence if what they referred to as GI, a condition caused by Bacteria, both passengers and crew were affected, and in most peoples opinion this was caused by the food.

We were extremely disappointed in this cruise which we booked due to our experience on the Equinox last year, which was truly first class. Many of our fellow passengers were complaini and filled in the guest comments with a negative review and were determined to contact the shipping line and register their displeasure as I will do. For many passengers this was to be the trip of a lifetime and they were grossly upset and dissapointed.And I can understand why

Publication Date: 04/02/13
Read the Asia ports review by megandav
More Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews