“Picky Picky Review”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I give the cruise an overall 4 so most of what I did not like may be considered nit-picking. First the good. The Galveston embarkation process is not bad if you are gold club member or higher. Non-club members had long wait and most people did not look happy. Loved the Lumani River tour in Belize, zip lining in Honduras and Senor Frogs in Cozumel. Staff was great and our Junior Suite was perfect. Now for the nit-picking: 1. No Petron on the premium drink package. Come on. Petron is an average tequila and I could not order a Petron Perfect Margarita even though I paid for the top of the line drink package. 2. Drinks were inconsistent. One drink of day was all syrup. My wife and I had to send several drinks back. 3. Food was slightly below average, which is a first for RCI. All the sauces, soups, dressings tasted the same. Gravy on lamb the same as prime rib and it ruined the taste of the meat. At one point my waiter tried to convince me the brown gravy on the prime rib was horseradish sauce. Also, RCI should take the escargot of the menu. Waiter said they have not had escargot for months. 4. Half-and-half hard to find. I love cream in my coffee but could not get it when I wanted it. Even the Starbucks only had whole milk or artificial creamer. Occasionally I would find some half-and-half mixed in with the artificial creamers in Windjammer. Coffee was very strong.5.Very limited TV channels. There were over 2000 Mexicans on this cruise on a special trip so everything had to be bilingual, which took forever. Even most of the TV channels were Spanish versions. During March Madness, it would have been nice to be able to watch CBS and ESPN in my room. Our room did have ESPN2 though. Overall, the service, room, facilities and excursions were great but the food, coffee and drinks were below average and the reason for a lower rated review.
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS9264
Junior Suite was great, great, great! Big room, walk-in closet, full size tub/shower, coffee maker and spacious balcony. Glad I spent extra money.
Published 04/02/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Mariner of the Seas Review
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?