Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by shimuneka: Sensation was a good getaway

Member Since 2009
1 Post

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Sensation was a good getaway

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My wife and I just got back from our 14th Carnival cruise. We have cruised other lines, but find Carnival to be the best bang for your buck. We FINALLY convinced her parents to try it out and they joined us for their first ever cruise, so I will provide information from the eyes of an experienced cruiser as well as what the "newbies" thought of their vacation. We did the 3 day itenerary that stopped overnight in Nassau.

Simply put, my wife and I knew what to expect and we were happy with our vacation. The trip was too short for us, as we are accustomed to longer durations, but we were afraid that if her parents didn't enjoy it, they wouldn't be stuck on the boat for too long. I really have no complaints. The food was good, no matter where we ate. The boat was always super clean. as usual, the service was excellent. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the color scheme and decor, but the boat was clean. I am not a fan of most of the production shows, but since we were with first More timers, I just shut up and went. To my suprise, they were some of the best shows my wife has made me go to.

My mother in law was terrified about everything regarding this trip. She doesn't like heights, water, boats, travelling out of the country, and she was worried about motion sickness. After about 8 hours on board, she was giddy with excitement. They thoroughly enjoyed the meals, wouldn't shut up about the service and hospitality, and quickly got the layout of the ship. In fact, at some point during day 2, the lady that we tried for 6 years to cruise with us was already planning her second.

I would highly recommend this cruise for those looking for a quick getaway or for first timers that wish to try cruising. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation V34

Jr suite was good. Technically an obstructed view, but it wasn't bad. It was only $20 more per persn than the balcony, so it was a good deal, but the balcony was smaller than the normal balcony. I wouldn't pay a large difference for the upgrade, but we enjoyed the room.

In Nassau, all the shops were closed for good Friday with the exception of the straw market. My wife and I have been to Nassau about 8 times both on cruises and via plane, so we werent terribly disappointed. We took the water ferry to paradise island to show her parents the Atlantis. Waste of time. It's not like it used to be when a taxi driver could give you an informal tour of the highlights. There is very little to see unless you drop $40 for a tour of the property and aquarium. It isn't as clean as I remembered either. Most tours operated normally. The people I talked to all enjoyed their excursions. My in-laws enjoyed their time on the island, but I wish we could have shown them more.
Read 2644 Nassau Reviews