Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by shimuneka

Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: V34

Sensation was a good getaway
My wife and I just got back from our 14th Carnival cruise. We have cruised other lines, but find Carnival to be the best bang for your buck. We FINALLY convinced her parents to try it out and they joined us for their first ever cruise, so I will provide information from the eyes of an experienced cruiser as well as what the "newbies" thought of their vacation. We did the 3 day itenerary that stopped overnight in Nassau.

Simply put, my wife and I knew what to expect and we were happy with our vacation. The trip was too short for us, as we are accustomed to longer durations, but we were afraid that if her parents didn't enjoy it, they wouldn't be stuck on the boat for too long. I really have no complaints. The food was good, no matter where we ate. The boat was always super clean. as usual, the service was excellent. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the color scheme and decor, but the boat was clean. I am not a fan of most of the production shows, but since we were with first timers, I just shut up and went. To my suprise, they were some of the best shows my wife has made me go to.

My mother in law was terrified about everything regarding this trip. She doesn't like heights, water, boats, travelling out of the country, and she was worried about motion sickness. After about 8 hours on board, she was giddy with excitement. They thoroughly enjoyed the meals, wouldn't shut up about the service and hospitality, and quickly got the layout of the ship. In fact, at some point during day 2, the lady that we tried for 6 years to cruise with us was already planning her second.

I would highly recommend this cruise for those looking for a quick getaway or for first timers that wish to try cruising.

Publication Date: 04/02/13
Read the Bahamas ports review by shimuneka
More Carnival Sensation Cruise Reviews