“A Viking Freya balcony with a disappointing view”
Cruise review of Viking Freya

Chabbey Viking Freya 0 A Viking Freya balcony with a disappointing view
Chabbey
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
If you are like my wife and I; who have cruised for many years... then you upgrade to a balcony so that great views and quiet moments can be special. On the Windmills and Tulip cruise -- which we are currently on -- we have been welcomed a few mornings, by a person waving back at us. You might wonder, how can this be? We wonder too. We also wonder why our quiet sleep; with fresh air from our open door, has it's own special wake up call of another ship coming along side at 5 am and being tied along side. Yes, for the paultry sum of $10 K, you can take a Viking cruise and enjoy a quiet and private room, proving you keep your drapes pulled and the door closed. Or, feel free to keep them open and enjoy a view of another ship tied along side, the drone of their diesel engine and if you are lucky, a person you have never met or desired to meet, gazing into your window and waving at you with a surprised but friendly smile. Here is my advise and be advised this is only my first Viking cruise, book a room on the port side of the ship if you choose the Tulips and Windmills cruise. Thus far and we have 3 more nights to go and so anything is still possible; however it seems the port side rooms are not used to secure a sister ship. Yes, the food is fabulous and the crew is very friendly. And the itinerary is everything the brochure says. But a private balcony? This seems to be an elusive concept not well documented in Viking marketing materials. Until now of course, I am pleased to share our experience of receiving so more than expected. Yes you too can cruise with strangers a metre and a half away.
Viking Freya Cruises to Europe River
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Freya Review
Viking Freya Cruises to Europe River
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?