Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by alwaysadreamer: A very enjoyable relaxing cruise

alwaysadreamer
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

A very enjoyable relaxing cruise

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Other

We went on our cruise during spring break, which we were unaware of. At first we thought it was a mistake as we had young children in the staterooms on either side of us and they were bouncing off the walls that first afternoon. However, we were wrong. The children were quiet after that and although there were a large number of teens ( who did congregate on the stairs from time to time) they were for the most part quiet and respectful.

Our stateroom was on the infamous deck 10, so we were under the pool deck. There were some folks in other reviews who mentioned about chairs scraping late at night. I did hear some after the pool party (which we attended) when they must have been putting everything back together. It was not very loud and I fell asleep with no problem. My husband did not hear anything. However, during the day, out on the balcony I could hear the band playing up on the pool deck, which could be a little distracting. My parents (who are in their 90's) went More on the cruise with us. Their stateroom was 1330, which is right next to a suite and near the elevators in the center of the ship. They never heard anything that I know of. Everything was very quiet.

We had different attendants and they were both excellent. I just read where someone had written about the lack of ice. You can get ice, you just need to ask.I asked the first day for ice and extra towels and we always had everything we needed.

Also, a tip for Day One. Instead of making yourself crazy in Windjammer, which is always packed, why not stop on deck 5's Promenade and have salad and Paninis at Sorrentos or finger sandwiches at the Cafe Promenade. Both have great desserts and cookies too.

Now for the Dining Room. Breakfast in the dining room can be either a buffet or you can opt for waiter service. We did both, and found the buffet was great for most foods. It's also a lot quieter than Windjammer when you are at sea. Lunch in the dining room is only served when the ship is at sea. When in port, Windjammer is the main dining area and we found it to be quiet with great service as mostly everyone was off the ship.

Dinner in the dining room was very good. The food came hot and we had a wonderful waiter and assistant waiter. They remembered what we liked and made sure our experience was awesome. We did have lobster tails with shrimp one night. They were quite large (I'd say about 5 oz.) and our waiter brought us extras. We did eat in Portifino one evening. The food and atmosphere was excellent as was the service. The Lamb chops were great as were the fillets and the Osso BuccoRemember, Cafe Promenade is open late if you need a snack. Check the cruise compass for the times of operation of all dining venues. Windjammer is not open 24/7 as some people seem to think.

We saw the two big shows: Up in the Air and Saturday Night Fever. My parents liked Up in the Air better and we liked Saturday Night Fever much better.

We always go to the Ice Show and it never disappoints us.

Don't miss the parades and evening shows on the Promenade Deck! They are always fun.

Overall service thoughout the ship was excellent from everyone, regardless of their department!! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Ocaeanview Stateroom Deck 6 1308

1308 Balcony. Plenty of room, good closet space. An be a little noisy from the bands on the pool deck during the day. Convenient spot.

We've been to Cozumel many times, so this time we just went shopping for gifts for everyone.
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews