Celebrity Summit 3

“Slightly improved customer service than last year!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

docoliver
Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

Well, this was my second year in a row on the same cruise. At least this time I was not expecting a "Modern Luxury" (that would be Seabourn) so the disappointment was much less. As I was not in shock, my review perhaps is more objective...

The good: Angus Burgers in the Pool Area most afternoons. The Spa was awesome and the massages outstanding. The personal trainers are always awesome and provide good Yoga, Pilates, Spinning and Boot Camp Classes. The wine selection is good and the prices not bad. The Cellar Masters area is nice, the Bistro on 5 has good selection of healthy food and crepes (did that around 5 times during the cruise). The customer service was much friendlier and more attentive to your likes and dislikes than the previous year. You can find good food in the ship but you have to pay for it. If you are up to the cover charge in Quisine and Normandie, you will have a nice dinning experience. The Maitre D in Normandie "Mario" did all in his charge to make us feel More great. He prepared Steak Diane and Crepes Suzette (out of the menu). We ate in Normandie 3 times and in Quisine 2 times. The service, well not 100% there but probably the best the ship has to offer. I really enjoyed myself thanks to Mario the wonderful Maitre D who pulled his tricks to make one happy.

The Bad: Well,the Cosmopolitan (Main) Restaurant is a shame. Bad presentation, most dishes taste like the food was taken out of a $5 all you can eat buffet. The best dish I had was a special Indian dinner that they specially prepared for us during good Friday (special request), tasted like a meal in an original Indian restaurant. I guess that if they have chefs from India on board perhaps they should allow them to do what they know best and they would have acceptable meals. But my guess is that they are having chefs in charge of the Polenta who have no clue what that would taste like in Milano. If you want to eat something acceptable you have to pay and go to Quisine and Normandie, that is a shame for Celebrity (not surprising as the mother company is RCCL).

The ugly: The bathroom toilette clogged 3 times out of nowhere; they fixed it within one hour. A cabin attendant entered 3 times without knocking (our standard attendants were a charm and respectful) this was probably someone new. There was an eternal bad smell on the cabin bathroom (like sea weed). The public bathrooms were always dirty. As usual, some people with bad attitude (as you may find everywhere in life) only that Seabourn tends to fire people like that, I guess!!!

Not bad, but not 100% luxury! Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Concierge Class 1

C16144
6144 is a very nice Concierge Class Room. It is not wider than the average concierge class. The diagram fools you into believing that it is wider but the fact is that the diagrams does not show a corridor next to the room that goes between cabins which is used as storage space. That corridor even has a balcony. Technicaly you can open a door from the balcony of 6144 to the corridor's balcony for some extra space; which we did. The fresh flowers were dead by day 3 and not replaced. The evening h'orderves were nothing extraordinary. The balcony is longer as are the ones for suites 6145 & 6146, etc. Bottom line, I liked the room and if you are shooting for concierge class it is probably your best choice along with the 6135 & 6136.

Published 03/31/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?