Carnival Victory Cruise Review by fuzzyb

Cabin Category: 6A
        3-6 3.0
        7-9 3.0

Carnival has gone downhill
I just completed a 5 night cruise on the Victory which departed Miami and stopped at Ocho Rios and Georgetown. Last year I went on a 4 night Imagination cruise. I had a great time on that ship so I high expectations for the larger , newer Victory . I was very disappointed.

My biggest issue was rude dinning room staff.We were with another group and they refused to put us together. One night they brought us to a table that was full. When we went back to tell the front of house the error, rather than resolve it she told me to "get back to the end of the line". S. When she finally realized here error, rather than apologize she rolled her eyes at us.ervice was slow so it took 2 hours start to finished.

My second biggest issue is that they performed alot of service work doing the cruise . Thus, the jogging track and minigolf were closed the entire cruise. At least one of the pools would be closed for repair at any one time. My kids did not use the water slide because they just got stuck in it. My husband gave it a whirl and said the issue was it needed a coat of wax.

My third issue is just how thrifty Carnival has become. As a a second time cruiser, our "red vipf" membership entitled us to a free drink at lunch , brunch, or breakfast in the Pacific dining room only Honestly, why not just have it valid any bar any time. But anyways, I ordered a bloody mary at breakfast and was told they did not have the ingredients for it. They put us on the spot how they would have to go to the end of the ship to get them so we ended up with no free drink. As for the captains reception, on the Imagination it was a free drink and appetizers. On the victory, no free drink. Just 1 dollar off your drink, no appetizers, just a line to get your photo with the captain. For VIP loyalty members, they had a sign advertising a "free laynard" for your room key. When I went to pick mine out, it turns out you have to apply for the carnival mastercard to get it. No lotions, soap etc.. in the bathrooms.

Other issues were minor, they do not clean off tables in the aft area by the under the jogging track. The last day it was freezing cold and were asked to put the cover back on the at area to shield the wind and they refused.

On the plus side, the stewards were great, the shows were good. It might be nice if he comedy shows were different on the two nights they performed. Also, if the adult show was different than the family show except just throwing in f bombs. The front of house dinning staff was terrible but the servers themselves good. Th room was roomy and clean. Full cruise but finding chairs not a big issues. Goose the cruise directory was good. Activities well organized. Food at Buffet good.

Publication Date: 03/30/13