Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jcastro1202

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jcastro1202
Liberty of the Seas
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Spring Break Mini Cruise
I sailed on Liberty of the Seas March 21st 4 night sailing to Cozumel with my husband, three kids (ages 14, 8 and 10 months old), friends with a total of three other children (ages 7-12) and my sister-in-law, her husband and my niece (age 8). This was my first cruise in 2 years so I was VERY excited to get cruising again.

Embarkation was a breeze, surprisingly. I expected chaos with so many little kids but we were onboard within 30 minutes of turning in our bags to the porter.

Upon getting on the ship we all headed towards the Windjammer, which of course was packed, we grabbed a quick snack and moved on to the pool deck. The kids had worn their swimsuits underneath their clothing so they jumped in right away. Us adults gathered by the pool contemplating whether or not to purchase the alcohol package for a few minutes and ultimately decided to do so. I was against it ready all of the negative reviews on cruise critic about bartenders ignoring passengers with the drink card because of not getting tips but I was outnumbered and gave in. Boy am I glad I did and am I glad that I read cruise critic reviews. I decided to tip the bartenders with every drink $2 and I can tell you that I was NOT ignored. My husband, friends and sister-in-law sure did make use of the card. We definitely drank more than the $220 per person that the pass cost us....we had a blast.

Our cabins were 6375, 6376 (both balconies) and 6374 (interior). All cabins were clean and the normal size as our previous RCCL cruises.

Food was average cruise food. My husband and I sailed the Celebrity Solstice in 2010 and since then cannot find cruise food that compares but RCCL does a good job at serving edible food.

Our cruise included 2 sea days and one day in Cozumel. We researched beaches in Cozumel on Cruise Critic and on Trip Advisor and decided to go to Paradise Beach. Very nice beach for families. Very clean facility with lots for children to do. We spent a few hours there and took of to the San Miguel town for some shopping. After a quick lunch and a few shots of complimentary tequila shots at various retail stores we were back on the ship...and luckily with all of the children. I was surprised we hadn't lost anyone at this point. :-)

Cruising is fun...heck...you are on vacation. Things do not always go as planned but it's up to you to make it fun. We had a blast on Liberty of the Seas and will likely sail her again soon. We are already booked on the February 23, 2014 Grandeur of the Seas Western Caribbean sailing to Belize and Roatan to celebrate my daughter's 15th birthday.

We love RCCL for our family vacations! (and Celebrity for our adult vacations!)

Publication Date: 03/30/13