Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by vols_159: Dawn...

vols_159
Member Since 2011
2,609 Posts

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Dawn...

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

This was our 4th cruise! All with NCL.. Previous were The Sky and 2x on The Sun. Was excited to book the Dawn and Try a newer ship.. But would it live up to my past cruises??

Arrived at Port of Tampa Dropped Bags off with the Porters.. The Porter was actually screaming at us for Tips.. Some of the people on my Shuttle bus just dropped there bags off and went towards the check in door and I guess that "pissed" off the porter so he started screaming "You could at least tip me" I was last off the shuttle so I showed him my bags and tipped him $5 his reply was "I'll be sure to take care of your bags"

Now time for security When we walked in and got in the fast moving Line the Port security officers Were screaming "belts off phones off empty your pockets place all belongings in your checked bags.." If they saw anybody on there phone they would scream at them again phones off in your bag.. Had no Ideal you couldn't use your phone while going threw security.. Anyways The More line went by Fast time for CHECK IN!

Filled out the health survey got into the Latitudes line Check in was a breeze and onto the Ship without a hitch..

First impression of the Dawn WOW!!!! Went for lunch at the Mdr had a nice lunch time to explore the ship and find our room!

The Dawn is a beautiful ship! Didn't any sign of wear or tear... Nothing but prefection!

After they announced rooms were ready we fount our room (9115) Mid ship inside room.. We tried a balcony on our last cruise didn't seem worth it.. I liked it would book again for a good price but my wife (the boss) didn't like it at all.. So back to inside rooms! Our room had a king size bed! A Flat screen tv and wow open the bathroom door what a shower door instead of curtian.. And the shower just seemed Bigger. Than past ships..

First nights Dinner In the MDR Surf and turf I asked for 2 Lobster tails and They were Fantastic! The steak was great also! 1 good meal in the books..

Went to the Nightly show was a variety show Pretty good show gave us a small taste of whats to come!

Day 2 sea day didn't do much just laid out by the Pool

We went to Moderno For dinner would be our 4th time here (3 on past cruises) and as usual it was excellent! Loved it and there will be a 5th visit on a future cruise..

The nightly show was A production show was good but I'm not a huge fan of Broadway shows the Band and dancers were very good tho!

Day 3 Rotan

We took a excursion to Maya Key.. Great place had lots of exotic animals that had been adopted nice beach, pool, and a good lunch buffet..

Had dinner in the buffet very good!

Day 4 Belize city Booked Alun ruins and Belize river safari.. Another prefect excursion! Another good lunch and awesome trip!

Back to the MDR Tried the Ribeye Wow excellent Could we bat a 1,000 on meals all week?

Day 5 Costa maya

Booked a private trip to Maya Chan.. And all I have to say this was the best place I have ever been! I've been to many places many excursions on my 4 cruises and this was the best! Excellent customer service, Had a private cabana Beautiful beach! Open Bar (but i'm not a drinker) I bought my wife a masage $25 for 30 minutes.. Said it was the best Massage of her life.. Well worth the money! And now its time for lunch they had a taco bar.. Would this lunch live up to Rest of the cruise food I've enjoyed?
WOW I'm not sure what they do at Maya Chan but they are doing something right.. The Tacos were amazing!! They had steak, Chicken, Pork and Fish.. I tried all of them.. But the Fish were simply amazing.. Followed by fresh guacmole and Homemade Cowboys beans.. Fresh homemade salsa.. I ate till I couldn't eat anymore.. If you ever stop at costa maya be sure to book this private excursion!!!!

Dinner back to the MDR-
Tonight was Neworleans shrimp and fillet miglon.. Excellent!

Day 6 Cozumel
Been there done that didn't even leave the Ship decided for a peaceful day while the rest of my fellow paxs were off the ship.. Got to enjoy the hotub and pool without anybody else around!

Luch we ordered a pizza and salad.. Some of you know for pizza delivery is $5 bucks but the pizza is excellent Well worth the $5 bucks! Just as good as a local pizza hut pappa johns! and for 1/2 the price!

Mdr for dinner yet again.. Prime rib! YUM I don't know what the Dawn Chefs are doing but its something right!

Day 7 sea day another lazy day But its the last day on board NO!!!!

Mdr dinner GRilled Salmon.. Yet again Amazing Why on earth would anybody complain about food on this ship! Everything I ate was simply amazing!

Sunday mourning off the ship in a breeze Vacation is over :( Dang NCL made me leave what on earth am I gonna do now for food? Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 9115

Great inside room! Quiet and peaceful nice big shower!

GO TO MAYA CHAN! Best excursion ever! Excellent service beach and LUNCH!!!!