Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Travelosity: Voyager of the Seas March 2013

Travelosity
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Asia Cruises

Voyager of the Seas March 2013

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Other

I was a bit disappointed with the cruise, but it was enjoyable for the two weeks. The ship itself was lovely but the crew seemed totally disorganised starting with embarkation and ending with disembarkation. We were given times for embarkation which meant nothing and we were kept waiting in Fremantle Terminal for ages for some unknown reason.

They were fairly organised for getting off at Port Hedland with signs to the exit but this was lacking at our Thailand and Vietnam ports. I was asking crew members where do we go to get off but they did not seem to know or care to find out.

At Singapore there was no sitting in sections for disembarkation and it seemed totally disorganised with people being taken here and there trying to find their bus.

Most waiters were nice but some seemed totally untrained, reaching across me etc. and I found a few almost rude. One waiter pushing an empty trolley told me to "get out of the way"!! I could understand if the trolley was More full of food...but even then he could have said it in a much nicer way.

I also found daily activities sadly lacking. There seemed a lot when you first looked at their Compass but most were 'seminars' trying to sell us something, and which were on each day.

Early dinner finished around 7-7.30 pm but the show did not start until 9 pm with nothing much to do for the hour or so. I would go in Cleopatra's Needle and watch the dancing but other than that I think it way too long a wait. Others I spoke to were of the same mind.

I did like the adult pool and spent most days there which as quite relaxing. All in all it was okay for 2 weeks but think I would have gone mad if it were longer. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3 3618

Cabin was lovely, large and well appointed. I especially like the idea of having a kettle to make tea as desired. The shower was okay for me but think it would have been too small for some of the other larger passengers. I was a bit worried when getting on as on the deck plans I had seen that it was close to the lifts but it was very quite, I heard nothing.

Did not go into Bangkok but only Pattaya for the city tour and massage which I thoroughly enjoyed. The guide was excellent and the whole tour was good value for the cost.

As it was 2 hours in to the city then 2 hours back with a 5 hour tour I did not take it as I had been to Ho Chi Minh City before. I did get off to check out the stalls at the pier but nothing much on offer there.