MSC Poesia Cruise Review by grevlup: Moody Blues Cruise par excellence

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Southern Caribbean Cruises

Moody Blues Cruise par excellence

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

The music was phenomenal on this cruise. The service was pretty darn good too. We ate in the main restaurant each evening and probably because a lot of travelers chose not to eat there, the service was quick and pretty much mistake free. A few of the items were not that tasty so we just did not eat them and got something else. Lunch buffet (and late night buffet) were quite good. Because someone had posted here that different items are offered on each side, I made a point to just walk around the entire buffet, which was in four sections, each time I used it to make sure I did not miss anything neat. The frozen yogurt machine was a big hit with my wife but it was only open from 12-5 each day. Not very logical why they would not have it open all day as it was quite popular.

Yeah there were a few hitches but our biggest one had a lot of people working on it and it eventually did get solved. When we got to the desk to check in, there was some big problem and they could not More complete the process. I had all my documents and could show them my emails where I had paid all of the money and the room that I was assigned. After 90 minutes of waiting at this first stop, and no one unable to tell me the problem, we got our room cards and the worker who finally got them let us bypass every other waiting situation and we boarded right away. Of course when we found our room we discovered the problem, a couple had been given our room in error. They should have noticed it themselves as I surely knew which room I had been assigned but they had not. They looked at their documents and off they went to who knows where to get the correct room. I had reserved a table for ten and this couple showed up to our table the first evening for dinner and I told them that it was full with my friends and they went off to get this corrected also.

Any other problems were really the fault of the agency that handled all of the arrangements (the music, the VIP information, etc.) and not the fault of the cruise line. As a VIP, I received information about VIP gatherings, seatings, etc. only through word of mouth from other VIP's. This was the situation for many non VIP's also. Every one of my friends thought the cruise was just wonderful, though, and I agree. Some were quite scared of everything as it was their first cruise and they lost their fears quite quickly. I do believe this line is really trying to cater to us picky Americans and I would go on their line again if the itinerary suited me. Of course, I am a big Moody Blues fan and would sign up for one of their cruises even if I knew it was going to break down and sit there in the middle of the ocean!

Halls and lounges were quite congested during debarkation. Assigned to groups and each group was required to wade through other groups to get to their location to wait. Elevators could be assigned to expedite this as they are on both ends of the ship as well as the middle and those that are supposed to go to the Pigalle lounge could use the elevators on that end of the ship and those assigned to the Zebra lounge and the main theater could use the elevators on the other end of the ship. Those disembarking first (carrying own luggage) could use the middle elevators. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Superior Balcony D Annunzio Deck 11120

Great everything for this room. Steward professional and very competent.

Snorkeling

(5)
$30 for a glass bottom boat/snorkeling trip just a short walk from the pier. Found it online and booked it online. Were met right at the appointed time at the appointed place and everyone truly enjoyed this excursion. Got to feed the fish while in the water. Guide a very good swimmer, very kind with those who had not snorkeled before. Pretty lucky in that we saw a conch which he went down and brought up for us to view. Also saw a turtle, some tarpon, and a lot of fish.

Just got off to use an internet cafe and to go to Margaritaville for a drink. $3 for 2 hours of internet usage right at the dock. Probably asked if I wanted transportation 25 times walking to Margaritaville. Just not necessary to have the entire street lined with this.