Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by CaliCurls91: Disgusting Ship.... should never be used again.

CaliCurls91
Member Since 2013

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean Cruises

Disgusting Ship.... should never be used again.

Sail Date: March 2013

Alright, Where to start with this ship. This is a long review but having terrible guest service and pee coming out of your sink deserves something long. When we first went through embarkation- it was a breeze and could not wait to get on the ship and have some FUN on the "Fun Ship" since this was our first time with carnival cruise lines. When finally arriving on the ship looking at the inside of the ship seemed somewhat of an 80s scene but it was okay.

We found our room and quickly noticed that we had 4 girls in a 3 person bedroom. Which is not what the Carnival agent told me I was picking when I ordered my room. We went ahead and put on our bathing suits and went outside to see the ship leave before we went to Guest Services about this problem. After departing we went straight to Guest Services where they told us that all we could get was a trundle bed. This would have been okay if the Carnival agent would not have told us that we would have two twin beds and two twins More coming out of the wall. After going back and forth with Catalina, the ever-so rude guest service rep, we asked to speak to the manager. She then said to us, "You don't want to talk to the manager she will be mean to you, I will not go get her" WAIT!!! Is this actually guest service!?!?! NO!!!! I am in the Hospitality Industry, and will be graduating with a Hospitality Management Degree this May. This is NOT okay!! Later, George, another rude guest services member, asked us "do you even know the definition of a trundle bed, like do you know what it is?" Yes, we know what a trundle bed is we have not been living under a rock for our whole lives. After speaking with several (rude) guest service reps we finally reach Giselle, a manager. She was not nice- although she did not give us the four person. We ended up, 4 girls with a lot of luggage, with a trundle bed. It was pretty clean in the room so it wasn't that bad till we had PEE coming out of our sink, but I will handle that later.

After our first horrific incident I was pretty sure that I would never cruise with Carnival again and stick with Royal Caribbean (which is what I normally cruise). The food was not very good, ever. Mediocre at best. The only meal of the day I would throughly enjoy was breakfast. The Mahi-Mahi on the last night of the cruise was close to the consistency of steak. I normally just ate pizza or salad every day because thats the only thing I could count on to be okay. The workers were worthless for the most part. Their answer for everything was "I don't know" How do you not know things about what your working and living on? Could not even give directions on how to get to the gangway. WORTHLESS.

Day 2 was not bad because we were stopped at Key West for a couple hours. Key west was amazing and I would love to take a trip solely to Key West- simply beautiful. Coming back onto the cruise was kind of a let down, but I was going to give carnival another chance.

Day 3 we went to Cozumel, which was nice. However, it was too windy and too much under toe to get into the water at Playa Del Mia. So we just sat around, had drinks (from the open bar), and took plenty of pictures. I liked the fact that we stayed till around 9:30 pm in Cozumel because we also got to experience Fat Tuesdays, which was TONS of fun!

The next day was the day at sea. It was very relaxing yet cold! Had to wrap up in our towels! That day was the day that we encountered Pee in our sink. I seriously wish I could post a picture of this incident because I have one. Anyways, one of the girls was using the restroom and had the water running and it was a brownish-yellow color. We let it run for about 8 minutes and it stayed like this. So, we stopped up the sink and let the water run in it so that we could take a picture. I seriously am wanting to vomit rethinking about this situation. It was simply that disgusting. Smelled like pee and everything. We went straight to guest services where we talked to George, yet again. We told him and showed him the picture that we took. He said "Oh yes we have had other complaints about that you have to let it run for a little bit and it will get better." We told him that we let it run for close to 10 minutes. and we wanted to have an engineer come check it out. He said okay. We asked him why is was doing this, because this is simply disgusting. He beat around the bush a little but essentially said this in short," The pipes get loose and the engineers have to tighten them." Then said a lot of unnecessary things and then said this " Our storage tanks have gotten mixed up so you will eventually get clean water" Whoa whoa whoa, wait ? So pretty much I have been drinking the water and brushing my teeth with water that gets mixed up with the USED toilet water? This was the last straw. I was disgusted. Obviously could not brush my teeth for the rest of the time on the cruise. This has NEVER happened to me before on multiple other cruises by Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Carnival has some serious things to change after all of their problems with not just this ship.

I think I hit most of the terrible things that happened on this cruise. I still had fun when hanging out with the fellow cruisers- but everything else about the situation was terrible. Wish I would have cruised Royal. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Oceanview Empress M194

It was a very nice place for Children and Adults alike. It had a water park for kids and open bar for adults. They offer many water activities as well. The day that we arrived in Cozumel, however the winds and under toe was so terrible that we could not use the water activities so we just stayed near the bars the majority of the time. However, it will still a great time although the water activities not being used was a downfall.
Read 3145 Cozumel Reviews

Key West was AMAZING! We walked around Duval Street since this was the first time ever visiting Key West. I would definitely love to visit again! Very Clean, fun environment, all smiles. We went to the Lazy Gecko for drinks- as they had the best drink specials. The bartender was great! He joked around with us and really made us feel welcome. I definitely will visit The Lazy Gecko again!
Read 741 Key West Reviews