Zuiderdam Cruise Review by kisooya

Member Name: kisooya
Cruise Date: March 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Zuiderdam Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Zuiderdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Zuiderdam Deck Plans
Good Bad and the Ugly..
I'm not one to complain about Etty bitty things but here is what I experienced on Zuiderdam on our last cruise. I'll start with the Good!

Food and crew in the dining room was Excellent I thought. We had great Main course and better desserts and our waiter and assistant waiter was Superb, Ketut and Tut from Indonesia. They made us feel welcome and attended to our needs. We did not have to ask a lot, they took care of everything and it looked like they meant it.

Although the food was Great we thought we could have used more variety on the menu, especially for lunch.

The Crew member was generally very attentive and polite. Embarkation and Disembarkation was well organized and they gave us plenty of information in advance and made a lots of announcements to keep us well informed. Tendering off shore was well organized as well and the staff was very caring.

Well, I wish I can say the same about the Lido Deck Dining Room(Buffet).. Only thing I liked about the place was the salad bar, they always kept everything fresh and neat. The food was very inconsistent and some dishes were so salty I had to tell the chef about it. The omelet station was the worst of all cruises we've taken and we've taken 11 cruises with 6 different companies. The Asian food section was just plain bad, I can't remember a dish we liked from that area.

The entertainment was just Ugly. We enjoyed two acts out of all of them, one was the Steel Drum Band and the other was the Singing Trumpet playing lady. They could use more bands and singers. I understand that the ship was overhauled not too long ago and I think it needs another. The ship was generally clean but some of the furniture can really use a replacement.

This is my first review of a ship but I felt that I was obligated to write one this time since I learn a lot from other reviews and that Zuiderdam can use some improvements. Overall, we had a wonderful time on this trip and the things I mentioned negatively about is just to let you know what you can expect from this ship. I hope this helps.

Publication Date: 03/30/13