Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by veryhappycruiser: Another great Thomson cruise!

veryhappycruiser
Member Since 2013

Another great Thomson cruise!

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Other

Our 4th Thomson's cruise proved to be just as enjoyable as the previous 3, all on different ships. For value for money and providing everything you would want for a relaxing and exciting cruise, Thomsons have come up trumps again.

My husband and I just loved everything. The cabin (an outside one) was admittedly "rather snug", smaller than on previous ships (Dream, Spirit & Celebration) but I managed to put everything away and anyway, how much time do you spend in the cabin? Not much so it was satisfactory - cabin staff (Sherif)very friendly and obliging, it was kept very clean.

I have read other reviews and can see they may put people off. I disagree with much of what was in those reviews. Firstly,the food was fantastic (I never eat burgers anyway), we always had dinner in either the Seven Seas or Four Seasons restaurants, both waiter service. Menus were very varied and covered all tastes, we had great meals every night. We were with friends but enjoyed sharing our More table with different people every night. My husband & I had our 41st wedding anniversary and one of our friends had a birthday and on both nights we were presented with a cake and were serenaded by the waiters - they were great.

We actually booked this cruise while on board the previous one last year and got various "perks" = chose our cabin for no charge, drinks package for £69 each, £50 on board spend. I certainly would not pay £219 each for the drinks package but I reckon we got our moneys worth at £69.

The entertainment team, well, they were just fantastic, a great show every night, always different, Moulin Rouge was brilliant as was the Abba show, Killer Queen and the rest. We didn't go to any of the quiz shows in other bars this time, the main shows were too good to miss. Also loved the professional dancers, Julian & Carlisa - the parts they played in the shows and also the lessons, especially the Quickstep before we went ashore in Lanzarote.

The only organised excursions we did (as usual) were 2 bike tours with Russell - loved the La Palma one, great views from the top of the hill. Also did the Agadir (Morocco) as it was billed as being the best way to see Agadir, only problem was the traffic and continued stopping for traffic lights, had to be on your toes, eyes in the back of your head etc!!

I have just one gripe - Captains Night - if you go to this you KNOW you have to dress up but there were people, men especially who were distinctly casual - open neck shirt, jeans - they should not have been allowed in as it spoilt it for the majority who did make an effort.

All in all it was a fantastic cruise and we will definitely be going with Thomsons again. Less

Read more Thomson Majesty cruise reviews >>