Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by neveragaincruiser: DO NOT TAKE CARNIVAL!!

neveragaincruiser
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

DO NOT TAKE CARNIVAL!!

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Charleston

We heard Carnivals rep about being a party ship; but it embarked from a convenient location and the price was right; so we set sail.
We are both over the age of 60. The shows were minimal; a couple of stand up comedians; and a performance by about 6 of their own crew. Some shows were around 10:00 p.m. We did not stay up for them as the earlier ones were disappointing.
For entertainment, we played the slots. We were instructed by other guests to use our sail and sign card in order to play. I put in a minimal amount, but won!
On our last full day of the cruise, I became very ill from a norovirus. When I looked it up on line, the first words were "cruise". It's caused by contaminated food passed by touch. I did see the ships doc who helped. I couldn't leave the room the whole day. The casino person called and reminded me of my meager winnings - $43.00 (I played $30.00 total). I explained I couldn't leave the room and asked if my husband could pick up our More winnings. They said NO, I had to personally come and sign for it. Since I couldn't, they said it would take 2 weeks to SIX months to get my check. Worse - when we checked out, we were charged $10.00 each as "entertainment" to play the slots! I wrote Carnival to clarify and they indeed do charge to play the slots. My husband contracted the virus the day after the landing; and it stayed with him for two weeks.
The ship wasn't safe for small children; wide gaps between the rails. I'm surprised no child has gone overboard yet. The food, up until the time I got sick, was ok, not great. Our particular room stewards were very good and pleasant; that was the only positive on this trip. With all the trouble Carnival has had, ya think they'd say they'd give us back the $20.00 for playing the slots; but their response was no. DO NOT TAKE CARNIVAL NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE PRICE IS. I wouldn't be surprised if this line dissolves by the end of this year unless they do something to upgrade their ships. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Oceanview Riviera

Our cabin was across from a utility entrance for the staff. On our first night, we woke up to the door slamming steadily. When we complained the next day, they sent someone down to put a stop on the door.