Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by stguesser: Relaxing Cruise!

stguesser
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Relaxing Cruise!

Sail Date: March 2013

First of all, many reviews have complained that the ship is showing it's age and wear and tear. However, I thought virtually everything looks to be in very good shape and well maintained. The public areas, lounges, bathrooms, cafe's, bars, etc are all very clean and modern. Not only do they look clean, but you will constantly see them cleaning everything. There was always someone walking around with a windex bottle and a rag or vacuum. The only part of the ship that I felt needed some updating was the lounge chairs on the upper deck of the pool. The soft lounge chairs on the actual pool deck all appeared comfortable and clean. However, the upper deck has those white slat lounge chairs and they were sort of dirty looking. I'm sure it's just from the constant exposure to sun and sea, but still, they could be replaced.
Our room was very clean and in good order. The bed wasn't as uncomfortable as many people have said, but I think that's just a matter of preference. We had cabin More 6135, which is one of those not so hidden C1 class cabins that has an extended balcony. If you are thinking of booking this class i would definitely try and get one of these extended balcony cabins. Lots of room for 2 sitting chairs, 2 lounge chairs, and a table, with plenty of room to walk around as well. They leave little afternoon snacks in your room every day. It is just a small plate of 5 or 6 items. None of them were very good though.
All of the food we had was either good or excellent with 2 exceptions. The one night we ordered room service and i still hadn't arrived 45 minutes after i ordered it. When I called again the woman told me she'd check and call me back. She called me back about 2 minutes later and said it's on the way. When we got it the food looked like it had been sitting around for some time. My guess is they just forgot to bring it up. The second not so good food was the breakfast in the main dining room. The pancakes were just awful. The best meal was at Ocean Liners, which you do have to pay $45 per person to eat there, but it was SO worth it! The casino was a bit sleepy, it just seemed like no one wanted top play in it for some reason. The good thing about that is you have your pick of any seat/table in the house. The pool area did get crowded a couple times, but that was about the only place i ever felt there was a lot of people. There are a lot of spots on the ship where you can truly be alone. There was never a crowd for the buffet, restaurants, shows, etc.
The gym does get a little crowded in the mornings, but I think that has more to do with it being fairly small than anything else. The entertainment was ok overall. Some of the bands were good, some were not. The comedian was funny, but I thought the magician was bad. We went to one of their production shows and walked out after 10 minutes, with was 9 minutes too long. Overall it was a very relaxing, clean, enjoyable cruise. My final note would be to other first time cruisers. Take dramamine or some other motion sickness pill. Everyone said you can't feel the ship move, but you certainly can. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Concierge Class Penthouse Deck (6) 6135

Cabin 6135: More spacious than the photographs show, the extra long balcony is a big plus, bathroom was smaller than I thought it would be though.