Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by tntravelgirl: Shorter Review of Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean

tntravelgirl
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Shorter Review of Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2013

I'm a single Mom of a 9 year old so obviously my opinions will differ from others, but here goes.

The ship is amazing - it's beautiful. All reviews are correct you are literally on the ship in 15 minutes if you have already attached your luggage tags. Print them out in advance so the luggage guys dont have to look up your room number.

In 7 days I never really felt crowded. I have no idea where the other 6,000 people were on board.

I do not pay extra to eat on a cruise so I cannot comment on the speciality resaturants other than to say there are lots of them and if you dont mind paying extra it's a good ship to cruise for a variety of fancy dinners.

We ate in the Windjammer most mornings - they actually help seat you now and that really helps. Before you spent too much time trying to find an emtpy table. We didnt eat lunch too often as dinners in the dining room are so much food. Central Park Cafe looked nice (healthy type foods) but not much interest More for a 9 year old. I think they had nice salads made to order. We had snacks in the Royal Promenade Cafe. That is the BEST place for desserts and coffee and got pizza a lot at the pizza place across from there.

We did anytime dining but made reservations when we got on board for every night. You get two choices 5:30 or 7:45 so it's not really anytime dining it's more like any "two" times of dining. Now I never just showed up so not sure if you could get a table quickly if you did that. We had the same waiter ever night... Merelyn - She was amazing. You must request her! She's so nice and GREAT with kids if you have them.

The boardwalk is nice but after you see it once it's basically like being at the mall so dont book this cruise for things like a boardwalk or central park. I walked through central park one time and never saw it again for the entire crusie. Book this ship if your kids like to zip line but keep in mind you get to zip line ONCE a day and it lasts 5 seconds. Not trying to discourage anyone but a 5 second zip line would not make me take the Allure again. I know it helps with crowds but I missed there being one central pool location. You miss that "this is where's it's at" feel. Everyone is separated at different pools. There was no midnight party, no midnight buffet...some of the things smaller ships have.

Rooms were so much smaller! I booked a large interior room but it was absolutely NO bigger than a regular interior. Do not pay extra for a LARGE interior they are not larger.

Shows are fabulous... pain to have to book in advance. If you dont have shows booked before you step on the ship you have to wait in long lines to try and get in to take seats of those who dont show up. It def helps distribute crowds having lots of different shows but some people who are not technical may not know to do all this in advance.

Character breakfasts sell out fast. Didn't get to go. Sign up quick!

Cozumel - did not leave the boat as my daughter caught the virus that was all over the ship. That's the other problem - the ship was full of the Noiro Virus. Everyone had it. My daughter was throwing up for 12 hours in pain. I think it's just too many people crammed into a space which makes it spread so fast.

Pools - easy to get chairs if you were at the pool by 9 am... if you showed up at noon you would probably have a hard time getting a chair by the pool but there were hundreds of chairs on upper decks so getting an actual chair was never a problem.

Dining room food was super to me. Im not a huge fan of too much so I had a steak almost every night and enjoyed different appetizers for a variety.

Michelle in the champagne bar is the nicest person I've ever met. She will take GREAT care of you and treat your children so nice if they sit in there with you.

If you want to buy pictures dont wait until the last night. I ended up going home without any because that night I felt the crowd. haha

Exras I did pay for but wouldn't next time:

Rita's Cantina Fiesta Party... 20 extra per person
They serve a set menu of greasy stuff. They basically play music so loud you can't speak then have you do a line dance outside in the boardwalk. It's just not worth the extra money to me.

Prohibition night $35 per person unlimited drinks
What they dont mention is it's unlimited drinks they have on hand. They have like 3 different drinks already made and they are handing them out. Some gin drink, maybe a long island tea and something else. I was not a fan of any of them and had to ask for a drink to be made for me. I paid $35 for unlimited drinks so I wanted something I would like. They did make it but seemed irritated they had to go to another area to make it for me.

What drove me nuts:

There are NO trash cans anywhere!!!!!! So when kids did not finish their ice cream cones they threw them on the ground because they had no where else to throw them. When kids didn't finish their hotdogs at the hotdog place they just sat them down because there was no where else to put them. Same with cupcake place. Recycling places scattered around but the ship needs regular TRASH containers!!!

At night after the Windjammer closed it was impossible to find a drink unless you paid for a soda. Royal Promenade and Pizza place only serve water - no tea or lemondade which you get for free. That was so frustrating!!!!!

Overall the ship is HUGE.. that's really all it is HUGE!!!!!! I've been on the small Royal ships... Freedom, Independence, Adventures... I liked them better! Just a personal preference. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6 12539

Room was fine for two people. Convient to kids camp and solarium but really far from Windjammer and Dining rooms!

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5)
Went to park kinda place.. great restaurant, huge pools and dolphins... it was a nice day!!!

I rate the port a 3 because I didn't see much to do there. We had to take a car to Ochs Rio to get to our excursion so stopping in Fallmouth Jamaica doesn't seem like there's much to do. We went to Dunns River Fall and then tubing. Both were GREAT - lots of fun and exciting! But there's a port in Ochs Rio so we could have saved almost 3 hours not going to Falmouth.
Read 494 Falmouth Reviews

Labadee - wow.... so many people wrote reviews that they loved this place. I've been to 30 different cruise ports it was by far my least favorite. It has a fun aqua park for kids to play on inflatables in the ocean but there's really NO beach in that area. They describe it was a beach but it's more like a boat dock. a HUGE dock with some sand on each side but no where near a beach. The cabanas are nice to have shade but they walk right into water so you dont even experience the beach. It's a feel like a lake cabana not being at the ocean. There's a water slide but my God time stands still trying to ride this. There were about 25 people in front of us when we got up to the top 20 minutes later we went down. It averages about 1 person per minute. It was ridiculous. The ride was fun but would never wait to do it again. On the way back I went to the other side of the island to check out that beach... it was all rocks... not even rocks... more like boulders! Definitely would stay on the boat if I ever had to take a cruise that went here again.
Read 376 Labadee Reviews