Seven Seas Voyager 0

“On My Way Back to Oceania”
Cruise review of Seven Seas Voyager

BronzeDolphin
Member Since 2011
7 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I was ready to write a review of my cruise on February 11, '13 from Singapore to Hong Kong when I read the very well written review by theshoo. It was exactly our cruise experience, with different destinations. We chose this cruise line over Oceania based on the included 4 day pre-cruise excursion to Angkor Wat.

As I read theshoo's review to my husband, we were amazed by the similar experiences, albeit in different cities. Our tour was mismanaged and falsely presented. There were over 200 people, broken up into 9 tour buses, several hotels, different airline destinations. As with theshoo's tour, every bus had different tours and different problems. We literally flew half way around to world to see Angkor Wat, only to get there one hour before they closed.

I could go on, but it's easier to just say "right on, theshoo". From the pre-cruise package, to the shore excursions, to the size of the spa, we are in agreement. Perhaps if they charged for the pre-cruise More and all shore excursions it would have been better and the tours less crowded.

We hadn't cruised on Regent for 10 years, when they were Radissen. We loved their ship the Diamond. When that ship went, we moved to Oceania. We have sailed 5 times with them, once with Seabourn and twice with Royal Caribbean. We really like the Oceania ships better, the spa is much bigger, and the staterooms newer and nicer.

However, the cruise was good, the employees were superior, and the stateroom was very nice. I did enjoy the BRIDGE lessons, and we felt the entertainment was very good. However, it is a shame that all conversations throughout the cruise were on the bad pre-cruise excursion. We did complain to our travel agent, who forwarded our concerns on to Regent. They offered us $400 toward another cruise. It was a nice offer, but we are going back to Oceania for our future cruising. Less

Seven Seas Voyager Cruises to Asia

Published 03/28/13

Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Voyager Review

Seven Seas Voyager Cruises to Asia

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?