MSC Poesia Cruise Review by JDinWA

MSC Poesia
Member Name: JDinWA
Cruise Date: March 2013
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Much better than expected!
I read lots of reviews of MSC, and the Poesia specifically, after I booked the Moody Blues cruise. If you've read any yourself, you know there are quite a few very critical reviews, so I was a bit concerned.

Fortunately, the ship thoroughly exceeded my expectations. MSC Poesia is a beautiful ship and in excellent condition. It's bigger than I'm used to, so it's easy to get lots of walking in.

The food in the main dining room at dinner was excellent. The food at the buffet for breakfast and lunch was good. The desserts were very good, and there was lots of fresh fruit.

The waitstaff in the main dining room were friendly and professional. My room steward was also very friendly and helpful.

The cabin was a comfortable size, but the beds -- I'm afraid this was the hardest mattress I've ever slept on. And I didn't know it was possible for pillows to be that uncomfortable. Seriously, if you can bring your own pillow, you'll be glad you did.

The photographers were much more aggressive than I'm used to and don't understand the word "no".

This cruise provided its own entertainment so I can't comment on the activities or entertainment that would typically be on an MSC cruise, but overall, I thought it was a wonderful cruise and that MSC Poesia is really lovely.

Publication Date: 03/28/13