MSC Poesia Cruise Review by JDinWA: Much better than expected!

MSC Poesia 4
Member Since 2009
429 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Much better than expected!

Sail Date: March 2013

I read lots of reviews of MSC, and the Poesia specifically, after I booked the Moody Blues cruise. If you've read any yourself, you know there are quite a few very critical reviews, so I was a bit concerned.

Fortunately, the ship thoroughly exceeded my expectations. MSC Poesia is a beautiful ship and in excellent condition. It's bigger than I'm used to, so it's easy to get lots of walking in.

The food in the main dining room at dinner was excellent. The food at the buffet for breakfast and lunch was good. The desserts were very good, and there was lots of fresh fruit.

The waitstaff in the main dining room were friendly and professional. My room steward was also very friendly and helpful.

The cabin was a comfortable size, but the beds -- I'm afraid this was the hardest mattress I've ever slept on. And I didn't know it was possible for pillows to be that uncomfortable. Seriously, if you can bring your own pillow, you'll be glad you did.

The More photographers were much more aggressive than I'm used to and don't understand the word "no".

This cruise provided its own entertainment so I can't comment on the activities or entertainment that would typically be on an MSC cruise, but overall, I thought it was a wonderful cruise and that MSC Poesia is really lovely. Less

Published 03/28/13

429 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X