Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Nebraska Fan: Buenos Aires to Antarctica - Great Itinerary- Mediocre Ship
Overall Member Rating
Buenos Aires to Antarctica - Great Itinerary- Mediocre Ship
Destination: South America
Embarkation: Buenos Aires
First, all reviews are subjective and in the "eye of the beholder." Second, these are personal observations and opinions. While the itinerary was wonderful, the ship was disappointing and service needs to be improved in certain areas. What follows is a list of Cons and Pros that we experienced.
1. Luggage was not delivered until way after 6:00 pm although we were on board ship by 11:30 a.m.
2. Small balcony stateroom with even smaller closets
3. Noon buffet mediocre, although fish and chips were excellent. Attendants were very slow in clearing tables, which was unfortunate because the Ocean View Cafe did not come close to seating the number of people eating breakfast or lunch.
4. On the pasta line, the server used dirty bowls and 3 people complained and would not eat the pasta.
5. We were advised by some elite members not to eat in the specialty dining room as the food was mediocre and not worth the money, so, we took their advice.
6. Attention More to details in providing service and clean public areas were lacking.
7. We were in the solarium at 8:30 a.m. one port day and saw two chocolate wrappers on a table. We walked by the table at 1:30 p.m. and the wrappers were still there.
8. As we approached the theater on deck 4, on three occasions, there were terrible odors that reminded us of sewer gas.
1. Main dining room food had a good variety, and was excellent tasting.
2. Stateroom attendants did a good job of cleaning the room promptly.
3. Port talks geared to presenting info and not selling products.
4. "Base camp" was set up in Constellation Lounge (highest lounge with many windows and chairs) on days we cruised Antarctica and Elephant Island. Naturalist narrated and kept everyone informed on wildlife sited and various Antarctic features we were seeing.
5. The Captain opened heliport for people to have closer viewing sites
6. Beyond the Podium presentations were generally good and covered topics such as, the Falklands, in Peace and War, Early Navigation, and Early exploration of Antarctica, to name a few.
We noted these problems on our ship evaluation and to Celebrity's credit, they called us at home to discuss them. Prior to the phone call we were going to cancel a future cruise on this ship. Now, we will reconsider. Less
Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>
Cabin size is small and closets even smaller. We were near the bow elevators and the location was good.
Amazon Cruise of a Lifetime
Celebrity Xpedition in the Gal...
This amazing voyage exceeded m...
Amazing Trip to the Galapagos
July in Alaska
VERY POOR STANDARDS
Trip of a lifetime!
Not impressed this time.