Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by MrChocoholic

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by MrChocoholic
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: MrChocoholic
Cruise Date: March 2013
        10-12 5+

At least my kid liked it.
My 10 year-old daughter chose this cruise because she wanted to eat real tacos in Mexico. We were limited to a 4 or 5 day because of another trip a day later. So, we booked this ship to Cozumel along with a cooking class and visits to a market and chocolate factory. She loved that.

As for the Liberty, she loved the movie characters aboard, decorating cupcakes, getting a "tattoo," the H20 Zone, air hockey in the extensive arcade, the buffet arrangement at Windjammers, gagaball with other kids her age in the youth program, pizza at Sorrento's, cocoa at Starbuck's (which she called "latte" to sound sophisticated), fries and a shake at Johnny Rocket's, both the well-produced ice show and the quite spectacular main show, a lot of the offerings at the Windjammer, the lobster and service in the MDR.

I loved...the overall concept and design of the ship itself. The art (mostly) except that which was being auctioned. The cleanliness and attention to detail exhibited by the crew. The method used by the Front Desk Manager to deal with a justifiably irate passenger (me) who was sending a negative vibe throughout the entire line waiting for help at Guest Relations. The way she hustled me away from everyone else and into a private office to deal with me was brilliant. Cozumel.

Could not believe it took five trips to Deck Five to resolve issues with my card in the lock. Could not believe they wanted almost $5.00 for a little can of Clamato juice. Could not believe how much food I left on my plate(s) in search of something above mediocre. (Won't go into it but I'll never order the Eggs Benedict again.) Could not believe the $30.00 extra charge for lobster. Could not get in sync with the highly-regulated available hours to Flow-Ride and rock climb so we missed them. Could not believe the investment in an interactive television system that didn't work. Could not believe the cruise line does nothing to mitigate the suffering of those disembarking at the end of the cruise unless you're in a wheelchair. Could not believe two of the three detailed requests I'd made and confirmed concerning my stateroom were forgotten.

Next up: Holland-America.