Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by islandbird: Spring has begun with the Caribbean

islandbird
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Spring has begun with the Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2013

We took a 4night/5day cruise on the Liberty of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale.

This was the largest ship I have been on so far and the size is quite a sight! It is a very beautiful ship that is very well maintained. The pool areas were awesome! My 7 year old loved the H2O zone and "mini river". The adults pool area was lovely with the 2 Jacuzzis overlooking the ocean. The main pool area was grand as well. The first day at sea around mid afternoon was the busiest I ever saw it, other than that day, we had no issues finding seats.

The food was very good. I often here people complain and whine about food on the less expensive cruise lines, but I left 4 lbs. heavier and was very satisfied with food choices. Even my picker eater was happy. The food was hot, fresh and good assortment to choose from. I did hear late at night it was difficult to find a bite, but I know room service was an option.

Our room was very clean. We rarely saw our stateroom attendant and More could of used ice a time or two, but overall, he was unseen. The bathroom was LARGE! My son prefers to take a bath and the room was super spacious. Loved the JS.

My son also though did not love the Ocean Adventures, he was very willing to go for a bit. They are very structured and every time I picked him up, they were (kids) all sitting on the floor. Not sure out of coincidence or what, but I could only leave him for an hour or so because activities just seemed lacking. On Jewel of the seas, he was consistently coming back with things he had made or trinkets, but IDK, this group seemed lacking age appropriate activities. The room was very large and b/c it was around spring break, he did meet a few friends to chat with.

We went to Mexico and decided to do the Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia. Let me tell you, go for the DELUXE. We got FREE any drinks (alcohol too!) and buffet that was very good. We got to play on all the non-motorized toys and swim in the nice pools. It was well worth the money.

Overall, RCI really gave us a memorable Spring Break. I feel the kids program could be a bit more relaxed and fun (after all, it is their vacation too!) but we were nonetheless very satisfied and can't wait to go in November! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 7 9626

We had a junior suite. It was very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfy. The pillows suck. I need to find a way to pack my own pillow. : ) The bathroom was very clean and also roomy. We did miss the small touched like chocolate on the pillows, ice without asking, pens and paper for jotting notes. the balcony was a good size. We were on the 9th deck and heard very little noise from above.

We took a 4night/5day cruise on the Liberty of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale. To start, I read many reviews prior to sailing to prepare myself for any common themes. The most common was the on-boarding and debarking experience. (which the cruise lines only have so much control over). Overall, it took us less then a half hour to board and 45 minutes to get off. Though the port is under construction to prepare for a new larger Princess ship (hearsay) they had the flow down pat, and we did not experience any delays or issues. The porters were very nice and overall very stress-free.