Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Auburn84: Great trip on the Navigator

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great trip on the Navigator

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

Drove to New Orleans from Birmingham for a seven-day cruise with six friends from around the country. All of us enjoyed it.

A few notes:

Embarkation: Very easy; we arrived Saturday at about noon and walked right onto the ship. By 1 p.m., all the staterooms were available for occupancy.

The rooms: The cabin was great, particularly because this time I was sailing alone. Plenty of room for two, though, and the storage (in the closet mainly) is more than I remember on any other ship. Next time,I'll choose a cabin nearer the stairs or elevator, but other than long walks to get somewhere, it was nice.

The ports: The ports were pretty standard -- Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We chose a fun shore excursion in Cozumel, Salsa and Salsa, which had us making our own salsas and margaritas and then later learning to dance the salsa. In Grand Cayman, I swam with the stingrays; in Jamaica, just a terrible port, had a nice trip to GOod Hope, a historic plantation More home.

The entertainment: The singers and dancers were no better than what I'd find in Birmingham, but the ice show was well worth waiting in line to get tickets.

The food: Not great, but I've come not to expect great things from cruise ship food. The kitchen is feeding a lot of people, so the food isn't going to be top-notch. The two specialty restaurants, Chops and Portofina, were well worth the up charge.

The service: Great service from start to finish. Some of the friendliest workers I've encountered anywhere. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 6670

6670 ... Beautiful view from the balcony, lots of storage space, comfortable bed. Only problem? A little bit of a walk to get there -- not near elevators or stairs.

Salsa & Salsa

(5)
A fun day from start to finish. Bottomles margaritas and some fun making our own salsas at the table.

Didn't appear to be a port where you'd want to get off the beaten path. Shopping was OK, but vendors were too aggressive.
Read 492 Falmouth Reviews

Beach Break

(3)
The beach was nice as long as you sat at a beach-side table with your drink. Other than that, it was pretty small.

Stingray Swim

(4)
A long ride out, but worth it to swim with the stingrays.